Huben GK1, Thoughts on the good and the not so good.

Not sure where to post this…

I have been worried about direct fills from the cs4 because I could not find one of those cartridge filters rated for over 4500 psi. I have not been using anything between the cs4 whip and the gun and stressing a bit when reading some of the posts about the importance of having additional moisture and oil separation to protect the gun from moisture.

when it is not awfully humid, I fill to 5000 psi with a gx cs4 pump. When it is humid i fill to 4500 psi with a pony bottle and then top off to 5000 if i feel a need to use the full capacity. It's been very humid so I've been refilling that pony bottle quite a bit the last month, using one of the tube shaped cartridge filters- it has dessicant, some kind of charcoal/carbon, as well as a filter/ "tampon".

Getting to the point here, I opened things up and was totally surprised to find there is no sign of any moisture or oil whatsoever getting past the separator built into the CS4. The fibrous tampon (that the air passes through first) is essentially as clean and dry as the day I put it in. Very different from the air that was coming out of my Yong Heng which was often moist and tended to stain/dirty the filter inserts noticeably.

I guess I can feel OK about doing those direct fills if there's no issue when filling the larger bottle (unless I'm missing something) because it's a much shorter period of time to fill, there's less heating up and a less intense temp swing so I would expect even less condensation.

Does anyone know of a filter device that's rated for 5000 psi that doesn't cost as much as a cheap compressor?