Huben GK1 trigger fix?

weevil

Dec 19, 2022
Utah
Having “fixed” the shroud on the GK1 to make it functional, I’m jonesing to address the slop in the trigger. The trigger mechanism is sublime but is marred by a loose linkage which is to my mind an oversight in fabrication. What I’m referring to here is the silver linkage bar in this photo:

IMG_0583.jpeg

It is attached at either end by a shouldered screw, one of which is visible right above the trigger blade. However, the holes in the bar are too large for the bolts’ shoulder and the bar is too thin, allowing movement on both axes. Perhaps this was done with safety in mind to ensure that there is no binding. However, if the trigger is set light, it is sometimes difficult to distinguish the slop from the first stage (which can itself lead to an unexpected discharge)

Since mine is a very early model, I’m wondering if Huben has addressed this in subsequent revisions (please post your findings!). In that case, I can order a new linkage. Otherwise, I’m going the medieval route and fabricating a replacement. Another option, if the problem is ubiquitous, could be to bring it to the attention of a parts fabricator, like Zack@Ares. Perhaps @Pale_Rider could help, as he did with the moderator adapters (as I recall?).

To the second question, there are no openings to the action. It also has a form plug at the base of the shroud.

Not sure how a stock trigger feels, I ordered my GKI from kelly and had him to a trigger job on my pistol, This is the best trigger of any of my pistols , It is sweet, Thats one of my biggest grips with air pistols is the trigger, I got a Beeman P1 and a PP 750 I thought was pretty sweet trigger but hands down this Kelly Huben trigger is the best,
Mike