Other GK1 vs Leishy 2 250

The fixed magazine is much less of an issue on the GK1 than it is on the K1. The GK1 is small and light enough that you can easily hold it one handed and position it however you like to most easily load it. The K1 on the other hand may be carbine length, but it's got the weight of a full size rifle and loading it is way more of a pain than it's smaller sibling. With the GK1 I just don't find the fixed mag to be much of an issue.

My understanding is that it would require a radical redesign to make the magazine removable in either one.

The Sidewinder does have removable mags and they work very well, but they also cost an arm and a leg and given the similarity in design between the Hubens and the Sidewinder I suspect removable Huben mags would be similarly expensive. They're essentially revolver cylinders.

Reactions: MrP
I really don't see the issue with the fixed mag on the GK1. Especially if you're comparing it to the L2. The GK1 mag holds 19 shots in .22. 17 shots in .25. The L2 has 8 shots per mag regardless of caliber.

19/17 shots in a row VS having to reload every 8 shots. Im not much of a hunter, but if you can't hit whatever you're trying to hit with either amount... the magazine is the least of your problems xD

But I dunno... maybe people just think reloading looks cool, haha.

the Huben style “always ready to rock and roll” design makes me nervous. Fold the Leshiy youre 100% safe. We’re human. One lapse in concentration is all it’ll take to have an accident. I’m sleep deprived from work and kids so the Leshiy works for me.
I’ve noticed on this forum that there are a lot of people who SHOULD NOT OWN a GK1…..for lots of reasons.
I absolutely love mine….for lots of reasons.

Reactions: MrP and Barri_40
GK1 25 con nueva visera ultra compacta.
IMG_20240803_201321.jpg

IMG_20240803_201245.jpg

Reactions: grouch-o
I haven’t had the GK1 for long, but so far I’m blown away by just how good it is.

It’s powerful, accurate and efficient. Its silencer is very small, lightweight and works very well. The trigger is very good. The iron sights are better than average. Unlike on the rifle, the safety is in a good location where you can easily manipulate it with your thumb. The pressure gauge is where it should be and it’s significantly easier to load and verify the cylinder is clear than on the rifle as well, just because of where it’s located and the size of the gun.

None of this is to say that the K1 is bad. It’s also very, very good, but despite this being an apples and oranges comparison I’d say that the GK1 is better.

I got mine in a package deal with a Huben hand pump and guess what? It’s the best hand pump I have ever seen. It weighs 2 lbs on my bathroom scale and pumps up to 5000 psi.

I’m about as far as you can get from being a fan of China and try to avoid Chinese products when I can, but I’ll be making an exception to that when it comes to Huben.

What do you hunt at 60yrds with a red dot?
Fair Question, it's not a red dot, actually it's a

Holosun HS507C-X2 Pistol Green Chevron Sight- with ACSS Vulcan Reticle.​

the reticle is a 10 MOA Chevron (think upside down V). I was very surprised when I went out the first time with this setup. I saw a Rabbit at 45 yds and put the top point of the chevron on the rabbits head. The point of impact was exactly where I aimed. I told my son it was a lucky shot. As the day went on I saw another rabbit at 60 yds and same result, then a squirrel at the same distance and the same result again! I'm shooting the Zan .219 diameter 28 gr at 940 (first shot after fill). They are awesome and I can't say enough about how easy the Holosun is to use. It's seems very pricey for this type of sight but it is outstanding compared to anything else I've tried. I like so much I just bought another for my .22 Sidewinder Compact-

the reticle is a 10 MOA Chevron (think upside down V). I was very surprised when I went out the first time with this setup. I saw a Rabbit at 45 yds and put the top point of the chevron on the rabbits head. The point of impact was exactly where I aimed. I told my son it was a lucky shot. As the day went on I saw another rabbit at 60 yds and same result, then a squirrel at the same distance and the same result again! I'm shooting the Zan .219 diameter 28 gr at 940 (first shot after fill). They are awesome and I can't say enough about how easy the Holosun is to use. It's seems very pricey for this type of sight but it is outstanding compared to anything else I've tried. I like so much I just bought another for my .22 Sidewinder Compact-
I have the same sight. It's a neat one and the green appears brighter than red to me. Also the top/tip of the chevron can be used as a fine aiming point. For fast shooting with something like a combat pistol I just use the whole chevron as if it was a round.

Also the convenience of the slide out tray for changing the battery is so nice. And not having to unlock and relock a mechanism to change the zero is easy.

The wide ring at the periphery of the FOV is great for aligning the chevron to the middle if I get a bad draw.

Plus it is super bright even on the sunniest day.

I have the same sight. It's a neat one and the green appears brighter than red to me. Also the top/tip of the chevron can be used as a fine aiming point. For fast shooting with something like a combat pistol I just use the whole chevron as if it was a round.

Also the convenience of the slide out tray for changing the battery is so nice. And not having to unlock and relock a mechanism to change the zero is easy.

The wide ring at the periphery of the FOV is great for aligning the chevron to the middle if I get a bad draw.

Plus it is super bright even on the sunniest day.
Agreed, and the "shake awake" feature is also great!

Reactions: steve123

How many usable shots you get with that setup? 1 full magazine?