Good compressor under $700

Well what you buy is your choice! But as I said you ask for what would we buy for under $700? As
I said YH is a budget Compressor. There not made as well by design as some of the higher priced
compressors. In saying that they must work much harder than the larger more expensive compressors.
That is why you see all the modifications to the lower price compressors.It a cost thing with most
air gun people. If you do not shoot much the lower priced compressor will most likely serve you
well, if you service them often. If your filling air tanks & shoot a lot the twin cylinder compressors
are designed for working harder. If you check the board the guys that are into this big time, doing
a lot of shooting buy the high dollor compressors, some costing $2000 to over $3000. You posted
$700 or less. I picked a Tuxing around $400. Tuxing along with other manufacturers have units for
$800 on up. But those are above your $700 budget. I chose the twin cylinder that would be a step
up from a YH but a little more cost than YH & a good starter compressor with out costing to much. That
Tuxing will most likely be my next move up. JMOHOP.

🪰Fly”

Last edited:
Assuming you’re using the Tuxing, can you tell me how long youve used it and a little about why you like it? Seems easier to get than the Yong Heng so i may go that direction.
I can tell you that unless you are a machinist or engineer don't get the Tuxing. I'm both, all the problems were repairable. Right now my choice would be the CS4. It's still running. The TXEDT032 I've had to rebuild and repair several times. The tuxing people are useless. I purchased replacement heads on Amazon from Tuxing official store twice and got different parts each time. Not actual high pressure heads like ordered but ended up with 1 complete Yong Heng cylinder assembly and 1 just the head. They tried to tell me it's the new design (lie) runs hot and doesn't have the right number of piston rings compared to authentic tuxing. Got tired of dealing with them and ordered a second compressor as a parts manual and to confirm design change. Guess what it came with the exact same parts I have on mine. Arrived with a broken gauge packed so well that eggs would have made it to my office (they installed a bad gauge and sent it anyway). I really liked the Tuxing little box compressors but they have lost control of their manufacturing. I would not buy anything from them. Both sets of heads going back and the compressor. I'm remachining my original head to fix the check valve in the high pressure head. While I had the Yong Heng assembly I had a chance to look at it. The Yong Heng high pressure check valves are much better but the high pressure cylinder does not have enough cooling channels (likely why it ran hot when installed on the Tuxing and why people say they run hot).

If you want service buy the CX4 either from the official store or the Omega version from AOA (that's what I have, 250w not 350 from GX, works great). They are 4 stage rather than 2 stage of the Tuxing double cylinder. The Tuxing double cylinder is basically Yong Heng 2 stages separated into 2 cylinders.

Best of luck on the compressor purchase. My most reliable compressor so far has been the Altaros Booster (had 2), they are just slow and require an air compressor.

Reactions: brandanbooth