FX Got myself an early Christmas present

Managed to luck out on finding what appears to be a relatively old Steve Corcaran carbine stock for a FX Ranchero. Been looking for a stock for a while now, was eventually going to just make one. But this one popped up for $150. Should arrive Monday. This means ALL of my pistols once again have carbine stocks. Sometimes I put them on, sometimes I take them off. In a way making 2 guns out of one. I also have an airtube extension for my Ranchero, and I should have a barrel extension soon as well. :cool:

20231128_082502-af8a4a2f-scaled-e1701190314640-2000x1125.jpg

332681419_778303993139164_3397354390380902971_n.jpg

Managed to luck out on finding what appears to be a relatively old Steve Corcaran carbine stock for a FX Ranchero. Been looking for a stock for a while now, was eventually going to just make one. But this one popped up for $150. Should arrive Monday. This means ALL of my pistols once again have carbine stocks. Sometimes I put them on, sometimes I take them off. In a way making 2 guns out of one. I also have an airtube extension for my Ranchero, and I should have a barrel extension soon as well. :cool:

View attachment 416202
View attachment 416203
Sweet! Dis you get this off the classifieds or elsewhere? I have a ranchero I'd like a carbine stock for as well

Sweet! Dis you get this off the classifieds or elsewhere? I have a ranchero I'd like a carbine stock for as well
I believe it was listed in late November on airgun warriors? I don't ever look there, but every once in a while I will check search engines and see what pops up. I've been working like a dog and got an unusually big check Friday. Figured why not look again.
I said "Oooh, that's purdy" soon as I saw the picture! You stole that stock at $150! It's beautiful. Would you please post pics of it mounted on gun?
Absolutely :cool:

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
So this is odd. The stock arrived Tuesday. I had not had a chance to look at it until today. The inletting is different. Whatever gun this was on, the trigger was positioned further forward, and higher up. I've looked at spare parts for my gun and they look the same as the trigger bits on mine. And to my knowledge mine is an older one. Maybe not old enough. Inletting looks right for the most part. But still definitely different. Gauge lines up, a lot of things line up. Might end up making a custom trigger blade if that will fix it. And oddly there is an un used bolt hole on the bottom of the action that seems to line up with the hole on the carbine stock.

20231223_214111.jpg
20231223_214052.jpg

Took the trigger blade off, and it still didnt want to go in. Worked on inletting a tiny bit and its in, but not level. Bolt is in as well. Might have swolen some over time. Finish is eroded in a lot of spots, but it is a gorgeous stock. I'll refinish it at some point. Playing with the idea of flipping the trigger bar around.... it might work. No more time to mess with it. Sorry, the photos are not very good. Bad lighting, and late at night.
PSX_20231223_222836.jpg

@Gerry52 flipping the trigger bar around backwards and mounting the trigger in another hole on the bar got the stock on and functioning. Did some work on the inletting as it did seem to be swollen in some spots. Only problem I have now is the trigger bar does not engage with the safety at all, since it is reversed, the back end is shorter than what it should be, so there is currently no way for the safety to interface. Think I have any easy fix for that, though.

Pictured with extended/modified factory FX Crown moderator. Pistol sight will be replaced with something else. Maybe a red dot or small 4x scope.
PSX_20231225_151214.jpg

@Gerry52 flipping the trigger bar around backwards and mounting the trigger in another hole on the bar got the stock on and functioning. Did some work on the inletting as it did seem to be swollen in some spots. Only problem I have now is the trigger bar does not engage with the safety at all, since it is reversed, the back end is shorter than what it should be, so there is currently no way for the safety to interface. Think I have any easy fix for that, though.

Pictured with extended/modified factory FX Crown moderator. Pistol sight will be replaced with something else. Maybe a red dot or small 4x scope.
View attachment 418894
Pretty normal lenght, lol. For 5'11", anyhow.