Got some new wood for the Brocock Grand Prix

After theives had stolen my pistol stock, I set out to find a replacement. Brocock had them listed for sale, but upon my attempted order, they informed me there were no more. Gary Cane was making the latest stocks for these, so I reached out to see if he could make a new one. I had to purchase a shotgun blank, and the shipping wound up being very expensive, but it was worth it.

20220416_150821_edited.1650137383.jpg

Old

DSCF5943_edited.1650137393.jpg

Carbine stock was on when the pistol grip was stolen from storage.
273573200_1122284538610269_5130823026272529757_n_edited.1650137426.jpg

Thanks guys. I was honestly expecting something much more bland! As for the sight... It's a Riton 2moa red dot. They're very well made, and I've been super pleased when them. I just bought a second one. First I think I paid $100 for, second was about $110. I don't think you can get a better 2moa dot for less. I also like that it goes from super bright to super dim. I can easily use it in the middle of the night. Or in the middle of the day.

I think I've got it doing about 20 maybe 25 shots at 620 fps with 16gr pellets. I put a stiffer and shorter hammer spring in it so there is no hammer bounce now. It's extremely quiet! I re-blued the gun a second time as well. I don't know why but it would rust constantly, and nothing I did short of bluing it again got it to stop.

This gun in the carbine stock is obscenely accurate even out at 40 yards or so. 

Good to see you back Crow.

Oh wow!! He did a job that! The finish looks great!! I think it looks better than the original.

Right? The way the market is today, good walnut tends to cost an arm and a leg, and anything that tends to be sold on production airguns leaves a LOT to be desired. So, I can say I am very pleased! I know laminate is a superior performing stock. Which I could have opted for, but I'm a sucker for traditional wood stocks.