Guide for New PCP Buyers: What to Ask When Purchasing a Used PCP?

You’ll find a ton of information here, I certainly did. It sounds like you aren’t new to air guns or shooting. Don’t buy the cheapest thing you find and don’t get the most expensive. I don’t have any experience with Leshify at all but from what I’ve read here they are quite good.

Rick H.
Thanks for the advice! I’m new to PCP and plan to use it for small game hunting. I’ve been lurking on this site and still learning, but I’ll focus on mid-range options and stick to reliable PCP guns. It’s reassuring to hear that Leshify has a good reputation here.

I'm new to PCP, and I plan to buy a used one until I become more familiar. What should I look for or ask about when purchasing a used PCP? I'm considering buying a used Leshify 2.
Since your new to this, consider buying a Brocock or Daystate that is still under warranty.

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll consider a Brocock or Daystate, especially since having a warranty would give me some peace of mind as a beginner. However, which model is user friendly for beginner?
Daystate Revere or Brocock commander or Atomic Xr always best to transfer the warranty by sending to AOA for inspection

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll consider a Brocock or Daystate, especially since having a warranty would give me some peace of mind as a beginner. However, which model is user friendly for beginner?

I vote for the Daystate Huntsman Revere in .22 caliber. No knobs or screws to turn. Easy to fill. Accurate. Five year warranty. I purchased my Huntsman six years ago, still shoots like a laser and the trigger breaks like glass.

I'm not suggesting anyone adhere to my beliefs but...

I treat airguns like underwear and socks, I am not buying them used and abused.

Sure, there are some men who take immaculate care of their rifles, and others who enjoy the treasure hunts and process of restoration...but often times you're waiving the manufacturer warranty, or at least some of its period, and will receive an item with scuffs/scratches at best, or corrosion and broken parts at worse.

Now if its heavily marked down from original price, basically brand new, or from a really well known seller who also happens to be a gunsmith, the risk very well may be worth it. Just my 2c.

-Matt

Reactions: WorriedMan
I vote for the Daystate Huntsman Revere in .22 caliber. No knobs or screws to turn. Easy to fill. Accurate. Five year warranty. I purchased my Huntsman six years ago, still shoots like a laser and the trigger breaks like glass.
Ditto for my Huntsman Regals
No fuss-no muss air rifles of outstanding quality

Reactions: maxtrouble
I would say, How much money do I have, can I afford a rattler, can I hunt full auto pellet gun in my state. Lol

Seriously ask yourself,
Is it to hunt, plink, target, compete or sort of ride the line on all of it.

I will tell you that my 7.5 lb Daystate Delta tips the scales at 12.5 with all the kit.

But once
"Lauren-I-Am-So-Not-A-Sales-person- but this $400 part here is what I have on my gun and why you can't win and your wife only tolerates you." -

Makes me buy the adjustable bag rider and maybe the cheek riser I bet I am at 14 lbs.

That's heavier more than that AR-10 Pattern in 300 win mag Petra makes.

So if you want to have it all we the plinkers will be we the tinkerers for a while.

But once
"Lauren-I-Am-So-Not-A-Sales-person- but this $400 part here is what I have on my gun and why you can't win and your wife only tolerates you." -

Makes me buy the adjustable bag rider and maybe the cheek riser....

😂🤣😂😭

I literally heard her saying that in my head when I read this. Lol.