Guns and Ammo airgun of the year award

It does show a total lack of understanding of the sport. "Air rifles have always been great starts for children."
Today at the Rio Salado match I saw PCPs that cost more than my first three cars combined. I saw one guy shooting 457 and the investment of his air tanks alone were worth what I put down on my current home 17 years ago.

I knew a guy maybe 10 years ago, Mark, I think his name was, he had an M40 tattooed on his arm and was known to have visited interesting places with it.
He told me that better shots he knew, at his level, considered air rifles "graduating" from powder guns.

Considering air rifles a child's teaching tool or toy is a mentality and an error. Even starting a conversation or article that way, does no favors to their randomly chosen PCP gun.
Mark telling me his opinion changed air rifle from a hobby to a discipline I will follow for my foreseeable future. I won't be getting a gun from an ad/article that starts out screaming that they arent in the club and don't care much to know it.

Actually, I think the true beauty of airguns is that you CAN start a child with one, and that child can live their whole entire life shooting airguns and never outgrow them. You just have to pick the right tool for the job is all.

I understood what you were getting at, though. Just needed to point their versatility out. :)

I have the Ranger in .22. I have guns costing much more and have just got my firearm gunsmith into this . He bought the Scout version in .25. I am impressed with these guns !! Factory tune spits 18gr pellets out at 910 fps. I'm regularly taking pigeons at 50 yrds . It shoots 21gr JTS semi domes at 860+fps . Slugs are great also , BUT , these guns need moderators ! I intend to get another Ranger down the road for groundhogs in .25 caliber. I know these are rebranded Snowpeaks so... they are what they are . In my opinion, these are guns that you don't play with tuning , just gas up , load up & shoot ! My 2 cents .
i have a 25 Scout,hardley ever use my 22 HW 100.

I can't say if the Scout is a good airgun or not. Never handled it and likely never will. My issue with this article is it doesn't say what the competition was. How did this one beat it out? How did it come out of top of it competitors? Without any of that it's just a fluff advertisement as others have mentioned.

Perhaps as we age we revert to our childhood? I've been what the some might call a gun nut since I was a wee one. I sure can't say I foresaw returning to the airguns of my youth after I retired.
I especially did not anticipate having my own legal machine gun for short money (relatively) but hey here we are. The PCP hobby has brought together some things I know well, while learning of new things all the while. Primarily I enjoy shooting a heck of a lot of rounds, for darn little money without hopping in the car and driving 10 minutes to my club range. When the weather turns I can shoot in the basement W/O noise, smoke, and loads of lead from primers. While it does cost money to compress, air is free and CPHP's cost me 1.4 cents ea. Even my 20 + YO stash of .22 LR ammo can't come close to that cost. I also enjoy losing the muffs.

It’s a nice gun

BF20977A-C806-40AC-B961-663866DD9933.jpeg

Perhaps as we age we revert to our childhood? I've been what the some might call a gun nut since I was a wee one. I sure can't say I foresaw returning to the airguns of my youth after I retired.
I especially did not anticipate having my own legal machine gun for short money (relatively) but hey here we are. The PCP hobby has brought together some things I know well, while learning of new things all the while. Primarily I enjoy shooting a heck of a lot of rounds, for darn little money without hopping in the car and driving 10 minutes to my club range. When the weather turns I can shoot in the basement W/O noise, smoke, and loads of lead from primers. While it does cost money to compress, air is free and CPHP's cost me 1.4 cents ea. Even my 20 + YO stash of .22 LR ammo can't come close to that cost. I also enjoy losing the muffs.
Ricklin , I'm with you. I'm on the downslide , past 60+ yrs and I always feel like a kid on the farm again when I take any of my airguns out to the local permissions here . Depending on the airgun , ammo & "plan of attack" , I don't have to worry about where / if a lead pill will end up on the other side of the valley.
I've got more choices of targets and chances of shots than anytime other than a formal competition . And my stash of .22LR is safe ( probably to pass on or sell off down the road). I have a Man Cave range also & shoot almost every day. These Stoeger guns are no different than the current trend in firearms in that the market is supplying the wants of the consumer with budget friendly , accurate , quality guns . Not everybody wants or needs to spend four figures to have a good reliable shooter. Heck, the extra $$ saved gets us air supply & ammo , and maybe better glass to sight through !!;)

I didn't find the add/review off putting, I don't own one and won't be buying one as I'm pretty much set with what I own already. I find a lot of people get upset if you put a gun above their particular brand or model. Kinda like My father is stronger than your father. There are many brands and types of guns with as many price ranges and since I haven't owned them all I would feel foolish to make opinions on them. I will say I did find the article/review/gun interesting.
Maybe for the price? its a good value.

Reactions: Jay-G and Perle
I didn't find the add/review off putting, I don't own one and won't be buying one as I'm pretty much set with what I own already. I find a lot of people get upset if you put a gun above their particular brand or model. Kinda like My father is stronger than your father. There are many brands and types of guns with as many price ranges and since I haven't owned them all I would feel foolish to make opinions on them. I will say I did find the article/review/gun interesting.
Maybe for the price? its a good value.
Your last sentence. For 70 dollars more than its cousin the Notos it absolutely is a great value for it price.

Our lighter weight pellets won't hurt someone across the county. Nice to spend less than 20 bucks for a solid pellet trap. Also really nice that pellets do not ricochet (much) at all. There was a case years ago with PB guns (.50 BMG) a lady watching a ball game was wounded from 5 miles away. Always be sure of your backstop, that can take a lot with armor piercing ammo.

Reactions: coastal drifter
A new airgun category has been added to Decembers issue of Guns and Ammo magazine. The Stoeger team and Benelli USA is pleased to announce the XM1 Scout as its top pick. Official announcement from Guns and Ammo will be made in the next few days.

Airgun Revisions is a full line authorized dealer in the US. The Scout and Ranger models come with Buckrails all new modular moderator through AR only. Spring piston guns will be added shortly to the site.

Thank you, Airgun Revisions

View attachment 503333
Beter than my FX, I don't think so

A new airgun category has been added to Decembers issue of Guns and Ammo magazine. The Stoeger team and Benelli USA is pleased to announce the XM1 Scout as its top pick. Official announcement from Guns and Ammo will be made in the next few days.

Airgun Revisions is a full line authorized dealer in the US. The Scout and Ranger models come with Buckrails all new modular moderator through AR only. Spring piston guns will be added shortly to the site.

Thank you, Airgun Revisions

View attachment 503333
They must be working for Harris

That article has.... a few issues.... however I have tested/reviewed ALL of the new XM1 rifles including the bullpup and I can confidently say the .25 Scout is the best of them all. Perfect squirrel gun, and even up to racoons with ease. My second favorite is the Bullshark in .22.

Check these out:

That article has.... a few issues.... however I have tested/reviewed ALL of the new XM1 rifles including the bullpup and I can confidently say the .25 Scout is the best of them all. Perfect squirrel gun, and even up to racoons with ease. My second favorite is the Bullshark in .22.

Check these out:

What you said ! .25 Scout 👍🏻 .22 BullShark👍🏻