GX CS4 12 volt power supply

I purchased the GX CS4 and durning the initial start up test while checking head pressure the 12 V converter shuts off and trips breaker around 200 bar. After unplugging it and letting it cool off and releasing the pressure on the line, it will start back up but trips again around 200 bar. The air compressor works perfectly when run off of a 12 V battery I have emailed GX several times with no response. Has anybody else had this issue?

I purchased the GX CS4 and durning the initial start up test while checking head pressure the 12 V converter shuts off and trips breaker around 200 bar. After unplugging it and letting it cool off and releasing the pressure on the line, it will start back up but trips again around 200 bar. The air compressor works perfectly when run off of a 12 V battery I have emailed GX several times with no response. Has anybody else had this issue?
What amp breaker are you running it on and how many other things are running on that circuit?

I have an older house and many 15amp breakers. If I run too much on any of those circuits, the breaker will trip.

If that isn't your problem, then you may need a new 12v converter.

All my best!

Kerry

This is where I ordered it from. They are the ones I have emailed multiple times.

Their support e-mail is: [email protected], if this is the one you used, it may not get answered right away. I think all of China is celebrating their New Year or Spring Festival. I was corresponding with a seller on Alibaba and all communication stopped a few days ago.

A friend of mine received his CS4 earlier this month and it had a bad power supply, he contacted them and they shipped him a new one in a couple days. Don't give up, you may have just reached out at a bad time.

Their support e-mail is: [email protected], if this is the one you used, it may not get answered right away. I think all of China is celebrating their New Year or Spring Festival. I was corresponding with a seller on Alibaba and all communication stopped a few days ago.

A friend of mine received his CS4 earlier this month and it had a bad power supply, he contacted them and they shipped him a new one in a couple days. Don't give up, you may have just reached out at a bad time.
Thank you. I bought this unit because the write up you did on it. I’m very happy with it once I get the power supply corrected.

I had issues recently with my power supply where it shorted out due to too much grease. Some good info in this thread if you want to go with a 3rd party power supply (got an electronics education I needed but wasn’t expecting haha) Meanwell is a reputable brand. I have not yet purchased one as GX warrantied me a new power supply and it has been working well

Hope you’re able to get it resolved as the CS4 has been working great for me besides this issue

I retured mine to Amazon this morning and then bought the new one with the integrated AC power supply. Its a $100 more. I only used mine once to fill a 6.8L tank, it never made it. The motor slowed down and stopped at 200 bar. I even let it cool down overnight, same thing happened. Im done, so I sent it back, got the new model. I get it Friday. I hope its as good as the reviews say. I have the smaller one still, its awesome, but wont fill up big tanks, great for just doing guns though. Ill keep that one in my truck, the new big one will be my home unit.

I retured mine to Amazon this morning and then bought the new one with the integrated AC power supply. Its a $100 more. I only used mine once to fill a 6.8L tank, it never made it. The motor slowed down and stopped at 200 bar. I even let it cool down overnight, same thing happened. Im done, so I sent it back, got the new model. I get it Friday. I hope its as good as the reviews say. I have the smaller one still, its awesome, but wont fill up big tanks, great for just doing guns though. Ill keep that one in my truck, the new big one will be my home unit.
Thanks for this reply. I currently have the cs3, which has the internal power supply. I would step up to the cs4, but I haven't because of the external power supply. My CS3 has been really good and I would like the same type setup. Good to know they have updated the CS4.