GX CS4 Compressor - Initial Impressions

2 burst disks is the same as not having a safety system. You dont know what the burst pressure is. Not safe. If they are bursting early it may be an overtightening issue.
GX official contacted me and is sending me some 400 bar burst disks for free. I also purchased a bag of 5 of the same so that should eliminate all problems and I'll have plenty of spares. Happy shooting!

Reactions: mb94952
GX official contacted me and is sending me some 400 bar burst disks for free. I also purchased a bag of 5 of the same so that should eliminate all problems and I'll have plenty of spares. Happy shooting!
Great!
Now we can all learn about the CS4‘s ability to pump at high pressure.
Please update is with that info @Dogowsky
Edward

I have never had a burst disc blo on my GX cs4 and I pump it to 36mpa on both of my hubens, I have had 2 power supplies blow both were S-600-13
which turns out to not be correct it should have been S-650-13. I guess thats what they ship with now
Shortly after receiving mine, I had issues with the power supply. They did send me an upgrade, so this seems it was a common problem.

Reactions: Dogowsky
Just curious if you reached out to GX, or they reached out to you after reading this thread. If so, then that's great customer service. Well, either way it's good service.

I wonder how many vendors read the forums to get an idea of what bugs need to be worked out.

I still have yet to try my CS4 compressor and I bought it when they first came out, so that means I have the original discs and power supply, hopefully when I do need to use it I will have no issues. I've been using my Yong Heng, but seized the piston from overheating because I was experimenting with a loop system radiator, and obviously I hooked it up incorrectly. The other reason is I use my GX CS2. It's just so darn easy to use and requires nothing. No water, just an outlet and extra time. The Yong Heng fills up faster, but I've heard the CS4 is really fast.

Reactions: Dogowsky
Just curious if you reached out to GX, or they reached out to you after reading this thread. If so, then that's great customer service. Well, either way it's good service.

I wonder how many vendors read the forums to get an idea of what bugs need to be worked out.

I still have yet to try my CS4 compressor and I bought it when they first came out, so that means I have the original discs and power supply, hopefully when I do need to use it I will have no issues. I've been using my Yong Heng, but seized the piston from overheating because I was experimenting with a loop system radiator, and obviously I hooked it up incorrectly. The other reason is I use my GX CS2. It's just so darn easy to use and requires nothing. No water, just an outlet and extra time. The Yong Heng fills up faster, but I've heard the CS4 is really fast.
They reached out to me which was nice. They sent me 5 free 400 bar burst disks, and I purchased 5 from the link they sent me. That's great customer service in my book!

Shortly after receiving mine, I had issues with the power supply. They did send me an upgrade, so this seems it was a common problem.
My power supply blew as well a week ago. They sent me a replacement within 4 days. All they asked for was my Amazon order number. Great customer service!

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie