GX CS4 Overheating issue

Ya, between Amazon or like newegg there's a lot of " better " case fans and they all give cfm specs. + There not expensive . So it's a good easy way to up the case flow
There are almost too many fans to choose from, and you'd want to avoid the 4pin PWM fans. 120mm is a common size, so it seemed like a good option. 38mm thick gives more airflow than the more common 25mm thick fans. I figured if the thicker fan seemed like too much airflow, I could scale down to the thinner fan, but it's definitely NOT too much airflow. I used a 120V fan that can be tied into the AC input on the case, but if you ever plan to use 12V to run the compressor, or if you have the version with the external power supply, you'd want a 12V fan. I'm tempted to change this to 12V and tie into the motor power, but I'm not sure if the extra half amp of current will cause any problems for the motor or power supply.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
There are almost too many fans to choose from, and you'd want to avoid the 4pin 120mm is a common size, so it seemed like a good option. 38mm thick gives more airflow than the more common 25mm thick fans. I figured if the thicker fan seemed like too much airflow, I could scale down to the thinner fan, but it's definitely NOT too much airflow. I used a 120V fan that can be tied into the AC input on the case, but if you ever plan to use 12V to run the compressor, or if you have the version with the external power supply, you'd want a 12V fan. I'm tempted to change this to 12V and tie into the motor power, but I'm not sure if the extra half amp of current will cause any problems for the motor or power supply.
I understand.. I made up shrouds on some case fans to help the fans cfm flow ..

I was thinking 120v as well not the computer case type ( I'd use in a pinch anyway..lol).

Ya, a 120v with speed control 20$+/- could be a saver on that heat .