GX CS4 Power Supply Issues

It does sound like you may have over-greased the piston, which greatly increases the resistance inside the pump.
I think that’s a good bet especially with the grease I cleaned out from around the burst disc area. Got a replacement from GX and pump is working fine now. Went from 20mpa to 30mpa in about 10min and i think sounded less squeaky / strained than before

Not all switching power supplies (inverters) are designed to run inductive (motors) loads
Got it. learning more about electricity than I expected getting into this hobby haha

I’ve had a GXCS4 for almost a year and it has been working great I added 1 turn grease at the 6 hr mark. Pumped again and the power supply shorted out with a visible arc

Bought a new power supply while waiting for the replacement one from GX. I got a “nicer” supply from Amazon that was 12V 83.3a for a total of 1000w. It had over volt and current protection. When using it the pump seems like it tries to start then immediately shuts off. Received the new supply and the pump works with it but still worried about another arc / blowout

I noticed the provided supply was 13v at 50a for 650w. This is very confusing with everyone only using 12v. Why does the 13v 50a supply work fine but 12v 83.3a supply does not?

Thanks for any insights
It's hydro locked from to much grease. The power supply is going to try and turn that motor that can't turn. It's like trying to start a car with a seized engine. The electric components will fry while trying.

The compressor needs to be cleared of the grease.

There is a very simple way to do it for the casual user, or you can disassemble the entire cylinder and clean it up.

Simple way...remove the grease pot, remove the airline at the cylinder head (watch for the spring and small ball bearing) wrap the air line in plastic. Start compressor, and then fill the area where the grease pot was with water. And run it through several times. If it does not suck the water in, poke the hole with a pin to get it flowing into the compressor.

This will wash all the extra grease out of the compressor.

If it does not start when you remove the air line.. you'll have to disassemble the entire cylinder.

Reactions: RoflRofl