gx cs4 rubber diaphragm

IMO you shouldn't over tighten the grease pot or it may damage the rubber diaphragm. I was careful then I removed the pot, adjust the grease level and reinstalled the pot. I only tighten it until I felt the pot hit the diaphragm. But later I forgot and turned the pot's body down until it reached a hard stop. When I inspected the diaphragm it was stretched out of shape and was no longer flat. Since I have a 3d printer I will print a replace it with a printed TPU diaphragm with a modified shape. It will have an raise inner ring to help diaphragm keep it's shape. The ring sits inside the body of the pot. A small downside is you cannot use that last bit of grease. NBD.

1723710441026.png

Last edited:
I changed the design so use more of the grease and thinned out the center where the hole is punch with a needle. The pot screws in much nicer now with a definite bottoming out, rather than the mushy feeling when you are deforming the OEM thin piece of rubber. I have attached stl and 3mf files if you care to print one.

1723790894849.png

1723790850219.png

1723790836268.png

View attachment GX CS4 grease rubber v2.zip

Damaged mine also. Hillbilly replaced with a piece cut from an old tire inner tube.🤪
The type of grease and rubber may not be compatible. That could be the problem with the OEM part as many rubbers soften and swell when exposed to grease and oils.

TPU = thermoplastic polyurethane, is more resistant to grease than most rubbers.

The type of grease and rubber may not be compatible. That could be the problem with the OEM part as many rubbers soften and swell when exposed to grease and oils.

TPU = thermoplastic polyurethane, is more resistant to grease than most rubbers.
My apologies, I'm just a old Mountain JOAT that follows the KISS principal when repairing things. My fix was free and only took a few minutes. I'd have to consult my son who's a chemist as to whether a food grade grease would have negative interactions with inner tube rubber. All I can say is that it works and is a whole lot better rubber than the OEM one was. And if the compressor gets hot enough to melt it then I have some more serious issues to consider.

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon
Really I'm just old-ish and alot of technologies have past me by. I've never even seen a 3d printer. Old school here. Draw out an idea, create measurements, make it out of what ever is on hand. One of the draw backs of rural living, nothing's readily available. But then there's the pleasure of closest neighbors being over a mile away.
Amen!