• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Had a REAL Eye opener .... SKOUT .25 w/ slugs & 35" barrel

This past weekend, Nevada State GP after hours playing around ....
SKOUT .25 cal with the new 35" slug barrel using the Corbin slugs.

My friends rifle, set at @ 2k on HP reg & @ 165 on LP

We were hitting a 18" square plate at 365 yards !!!! and personally did so 2 shots in a row.
This in a swirling wind shooting up canyon into what is very unstable air space.

Earlier on another target before going long while sighting in at @ 135 yards, laid down 5 shots about the size of a nickle :D

I was Very very impressed to say the least.

We were hitting a 18" square plate at 365 yards !!!! and personally did so 2 shots in a row.
This in a swirling wind shooting up canyon into what is very unstable air space.

Earlier on another target before going long while sighting in at @ 135 yards, laid down 5 shots about the size of a nickle :D

Damn!

Seeing as how when I start shooting nickels between 100 to 135 I usually jump to around 200 yards and pray the wind doesn’t get taken from my sails. I gotta admire the confidence to immediately jump to 365 yards. Hopefully you’re onto something with a great combo out of that gun.
The rifle was one of two owned by the guys from Air Gun Oregon who just put on there EBR match about a month ago. They have been working with SKOUT for over a year now and have really been enjoying the rifles.

Seeing as how when I start shooting nickels between 100 to 135 I usually jump to around 200 yards and pray the wind doesn’t get taken from my sails. I gotta admire the confidence to immediately jump to 365 yards. Hopefully you’re onto something with a great combo out of that gun.
We were in VERY rural Nevada and the only steel plates up on the mountain sides we could hear when struck simply were at these distances from where we were set up ... thus 135 to 365 with a lot of sighters walking it in to get on steel for the long shot

The rifle was one of two owned by the guys from Air Gun Oregon who just put on there EBR match about a month ago. They have been working with SKOUT for over a year now and have really been enjoying the rifles.
Yes, both the Airgun Oregon guys and the five Skout guys that came from PA to the Competiton shot their Skout sluggers at the Long-Range event (150-300Y) there... I think some were Epoch and some were Evo. Also, not all of them used the broom handle barrel, I think I saw some 25-inch barrels being used in addition to the 35-inch version. They did well in that event and really well in the 100Y BR (Slug) event.

Airgun Oregon EFT GP and EBR Challenge

I've tried the .251 version of the Corbin/Skout slugs at 100Y in my .25 FX Panthera 600mm and they are very accurate. I haven't taken them out any farther than that.

Haven't seen any results for the Nevada State GP...?

Last edited:
Reactions: Healthservices
Yes, both the Airgun Oregon guys and the five Skout guys that came from PA to the Competiton shot their Skout sluggers at the Long-Range event (150-300Y) there... I think some were Epoch and some were Evo. Also, not all of them used the broom handle barrel, I think I saw some 25-inch barrels being used in addition to the 35-inch version. They did well in that event and really well in the 100Y BR (Slug) event.

Airgun Oregon EFT GP and EBR Challenge

I've tried the .251 version of the Corbin/Skout slugs at 100Y in my .25 FX Panthera 600mm and they are very accurate. I haven't taken them out any farther than that.

Haven't seen any results for the Nevada State GP...?
Jim & Chris, Myself and buddy just left Battle Mountain Monday morning ... going to be a bit for Jim to get it done.

Reactions: Centercut

I took my first shot based on Motörhead dope -four dots elevation two dots wind. I squeeze the trigger look through the scope pulled my head away said I missed and then heard the ding!!!! Takes a bit to get to 365 and a few seconds to get back to you too😂

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty911