Other Hans Solo's blaster (Mauser C96?)

Guns & Ammo just had an article about the "blaster" that Hans Solo (Star Wars) carried.
This movie prop recently sold for an all-time record, over $1,000,000 through Rock Island Auction.
At first glance I though "hey, that looks a lot like my KWC M712", and I was close.
Hollywood added some junk to disabled Mauser C96 and gussied it up into a sci-fi prop.

So now I'm looking at my M712.
I wouldn't hack this one, but it's tempting to get another someday and turn it into Solo's sidearm.
Hey, I'm an old sci-fi junkie, this would be fun.
And maybe a Klingon disintegrator, but I'd need to build that from scratch :unsure:

Reactions: Bandito
Guns & Ammo just had an article about the "blaster" that Hans Solo (Star Wars) carried.
This movie prop recently sold for an all-time record, over $1,000,000 through Rock Island Auction.
At first glance I though "hey, that looks a lot like my KWC M712", and I was close.
Hollywood added some junk to disabled Mauser C96 and gussied it up into a sci-fi prop.

So now I'm looking at my M712.
I wouldn't hack this one, but it's tempting to get another someday and turn it into Solo's sidearm.
Hey, I'm an old sci-fi junkie, this would be fun.
And maybe a Klingon disintegrator, but I'd need to build that from scratch :unsure:
Oops … I meant Klingon “disruptor”. Gotta get my jargon right