Other Has this happened to you?

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
How do I say this? I’m still in disbelief.
I haven’t been shooting much, been preoccupied since early June finishing up on some serious landscaping. Working feverishly on it daily. Planted approximately 80 trees all together.
Friday I get a card in mail box to go to Post Office to pick up a package, 20 min. drive on highway, each way. I ask the wife, now what did you buy? She replies that pants she bought shouldn’t be a problem. I’m thinking “She’s gonna need a checkup”. She said it must be yours.
Raining today, so this morning I go pick it up. Just happens to be a Walther’s LG55. Sure as hell it wasn’t hers. I totally forgot. WOW
This is it.
IMG_9661.jpeg
IMG_9663.jpeg
Good starter rifle. Smoothest action. The sights are missing. No twang. And it’s a break barrel!
IMG_9664.jpeg
She’s been used. This piece doesn’t look original. Option? Appropriate set screws?
IMG_9665.jpeg
Hoping to perhaps find the proper sights. Anyone know what purpose of the apparatus screwed on top?
I have 3 or 4 Walthers. The others are in much better condition. And every one of them are as smooth as silk like this one. Such a clean operation. So sad they don’t bring back the LGU and the LGV.
Turned out to be a super nice surprise. Got good memory, but can’t remember what I did last night. Crow

Not with air rifles, but i have recently gotten a few mystery parcels, which turned out to contain dashcams and a power pack for said.
Even if it is from one of the cheaper brands, if i had to pay for it the cost would be equal to quite a few tins / boxes of ammo for my air rifles, way more than i already have in my collection i think.

Cool toys and i just had to go get a SIM card for the 4G modem, so my car is now a moving spy tool as i can log in from my phone and view what the cameras see.
Also get notifications ASO if someone bump my car while parked.
My glove box are now a potential fire hazard THX to the power pack.
70mai power pack.jpg

Reactions: crowski
LG55's, such as mine, are indeed super-smooth to operate, as are the modern LGV's, such as mine (heh). That alone is worth the price of admission for the oldies. The LG55 trigger is also 100% perfect, miles above sporter triggers that are commonly drooled upon. Super-deep bluing, extremely solid shouldering, and killer-level accuracy round out the LG55's.

I can say I have forgotten about a few things ordered and was surprised when they arrived. Right now I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of an early FWB 124, USPS tracking does not seem to be updating very well this week. About two months ago I order a little Smith & Wesson 22/32 Kit gun from a dealer over in Georgia, and was surprised when they shipped it out to me via USPS. I have what we call a C&R(curio and relics) license here so I can order any firearm over 50 years old and have it delivered directly to me without going through a dealer with a federal fireams license, FFL. I thought it would have to be shipped by a more common carrier like UPS or FedEx, but the dealer I purchased it from said it was legal. I though it was only legal for long guns, but guess I had misread the regulations on shipping.

How do I say this? I’m still in disbelief.
I haven’t been shooting much, been preoccupied since early June finishing up on some serious landscaping. Working feverishly on it daily. Planted approximately 80 trees all together.
Friday I get a card in mail box to go to Post Office to pick up a package, 20 min. drive on highway, each way. I ask the wife, now what did you buy? She replies that pants she bought shouldn’t be a problem. I’m thinking “She’s gonna need a checkup”. She said it must be yours.
Raining today, so this morning I go pick it up. Just happens to be a Walther’s LG55. Sure as hell it wasn’t hers. I totally forgot. WOW
This is it. View attachment 494985View attachment 494986Good starter rifle. Smoothest action. The sights are missing. No twang. And it’s a break barrel!View attachment 494987She’s been used. This piece doesn’t look original. Option? Appropriate set screws?View attachment 494988Hoping to perhaps find the proper sights. Anyone know what purpose of the apparatus screwed on top?
I have 3 or 4 Walthers. The others are in much better condition. And every one of them are as smooth as silk like this one. Such a clean operation. So sad they don’t bring back the LGU and the LGV.
Turned out to be a super nice surprise. Got good memory, but can’t remember what I did last night. Crow
Picatinny mount attached with the wrong kind of screw, if it's not a machine thread, like a wood screw thread, then it will have to be re tapped.

I enquired about the original sights, but he didn’t have them. Crow
That block was used for mounting some form of sight, red dot or something.

Congratulations! That is a beauty and definitely worth the drive!
Thanks. I would have walked, if I needed to. Crow
Not with air rifles, but i have recently gotten a few mystery parcels, which turned out to contain dashcams and a power pack for said.
Even if it is from one of the cheaper brands, if i had to pay for it the cost would be equal to quite a few tins / boxes of ammo for my air rifles, way more than i already have in my collection i think.

Cool toys and i just had to go get a SIM card for the 4G modem, so my car is now a moving spy tool as i can log in from my phone and view what the cameras see.
View attachment 495002

View attachment 495002
That’s a cool toy. And nice to have at times.
Get an extinguisher. Crow
That is a Weaver scope base.
Thanks. Crow
In a word, no.

Does our credit/debit card have a breathalyzer on it?

Cheers,

J~
To make matters worse. I know the numbers by memory. Crow
LG55's, such as mine, are indeed super-smooth to operate, as are the modern LGV's, such as mine (heh). That alone is worth the price of admission for the oldies. The LG55 trigger is also 100% perfect, miles above sporter triggers that are commonly drooled upon. Super-deep bluing, extremely solid shouldering, and killer-level accuracy round out the LG55's.
If you ever get disappointed with that LGV. I know of a good home.
I haven’t been in this sport long enough to see many Walthers. I was lucky enough to score the last LGU sold in Canada. It’s the black model , but the mechanics are the same, bonus. A favorite. Crow

Weaver or Picatinny! Poorly mounted, not the correct type screws which should be flush with the surface of the rail.
Looks brutal. Thanks. Crow
I can say I have forgotten about a few things ordered and was surprised when they arrived. Right now I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of an early FWB 124, USPS tracking does not seem to be updating very well this week. About two months ago I order a little Smith & Wesson 22/32 Kit gun from a dealer over in Georgia, and was surprised when they shipped it out to me via USPS. I have what we call a C&R(curio and relics) license here so I can order any firearm over 50 years old and have it delivered directly to me without going through a dealer with a federal fireams license, FFL. I thought it would have to be shipped by a more common carrier like UPS or FedEx, but the dealer I purchased it from said it was legal. I though it was only legal for long guns, but guess I had misread the regulations on shipping.
I like that 50 yr. deal.
A 124 is on my bucket list as well. Enjoy. Crow
That's a nice surprise, must have felt like Christmas!
It did, only no tree to take down. Crow
Picatinny mount attached with the wrong kind of screw, if it's not a machine thread, like a wood screw thread, then it will have to be re tapped.
Thanks. Almost afraid to look. And my time is consumed right now. Don’t like hack jobs. Crow
Crow
Sweet rifle! LG55 is one of the big 3 of that era along with FWB 150, and D60. Here's mine. Bank vault smooth!

View attachment 495135

View attachment 495136

View attachment 495134
You must of been a gemologist in your past life or this one. You have a good eye. And you have a few. Thanks for sharing. Crow

Looks brutal. Thanks. Crow

I like that 50 yr. deal.
A 124 is on my bucket list as well. Enjoy. Crow

It did, only no tree to take down. Crow

Thanks. Almost afraid to look. And my time is consumed right now. Don’t like hack jobs. Crow

You must of been a gemologist in your past life or this one. You have a good eye. And you have a few. Thanks for sharing. Crow
This will be my second 124, got the first one probably 49 years ago, still going strong.

This will be my second 124, got the first one probably 49 years ago, still going strong.
Nice. You’re so lucky.
I have two of the newer models and very happy with them.
Really like the older guns, unfortunately I wasn’t involved with them back in the day. Probably a good thing, would have run out of space.
Unfortunately I’ve never seen one for sale and not good at searching. There just not many up here.
Even new guns I have to buy from AOA. I can’t buy direct, I have to have it shipped to a dealer here then he ships to me. Takes about 2 weeks. Costly but no other options. Crow