Hatsan Hatsan Flashpup QE - Jamming

Hi Guys,

New to PCP and to the forum. I bought a Flashpup brand new less than a month ago. It was dropped on the second day out, where it landed against a wheelbarrow on its side, but everything seemed fine aside from a couple chips in the stock. Since then I've put around 50 rounds through it and all of a sudden it would not load a pellet. The pellet gets jammed almost right away. The first time this happened I knocked the magazine out, and I am only finding out now by searching this forum that this is not recommended. Why it jammed in the first place is beyond me, I always make sure to use hatsan pellets and I check them for defects before loading. Most problems on the forum seem magazine related but I don't think this is the case here. I can rack the pellet if I slam down on the bolt and it fires with accuracy with the magazine cycling just fine, but I'd like to know if there is some instructional vid or thread on how to fix this. I've bought new magazines and I have the same result. Magazines are all loaded properly per youtube instructional videos, and appear to function well.

Also, when the bolt is cocked back there is slop on the pin, not sure if this is what needs to be adjusted.

BTW - Hatsan Customer Service will not pick up the phone, they direct you to a website that does not work. So I can't download the warranty (I doubt they'll warranty it with the cosmetic damage) or the repair form.

I would like to get this fixed myself, however. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I think that's what it might be. Is that probe supposed to be rigid with the bolt cocked back? I can move it around up and down to the point where it touches each side of the housing, left to right just a bit.

Without the magazine loaded, the pin/probe seems to go into the barrel no issue at all. Also, I hand loaded a pellet into the barrel and it cocked/shot fine.

It looks to be a very high tolerance metal housing for the probe. When I cock it all the way locked back the probe moves to 12 o'clock. From this position I can use my finger to make it center or go down to 6 o'clock. If I nudge the bolt slightly forward the probe goes to center but is portruding about 1/8" of an inch. Is this motion causing the jam? You'd think there would be a little slop due to the skirt, or maybe this motion is pushing the pellet downwards? Just conjecture here.