Hatsan Hatsan invader 22

Who here owns one of these? I purchased one off ebay for about half price of new, and just wanted to know how loud these things are. I wanted a semi auto gun that had decent power(32 fpe), and the quick follow up shots. Planning to use it as a racoon gun and slap a NV scope on it.

I know these don't function properly with a moderator, and I've read mixed reviews saying it's loud and it's not.

Hopefully the rifle works properly and I don't have to return it. I always liked the look of them and the semi auto idea, but couldn't justify 600 bucks for a hatsan lol.

Reactions: markhooper
I have one in .22.
Stock they are very loud and shoot CPHP around 950 FPS for about 3 magazines.

I downtuned mine by adding a washer (M4 I think) in the air tube.
This mod is explained in other places, and works with other Hatsan PCPs with removable air tubes/cylinders.
When filling to 240 bar (Hatsan states a fill pressure of 200 bar) now I get 5 magazines with about 40-50 FPS spread in the mid 800s FPS.

I just printed a moderator that you can find here: https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=214798.0
I had to print several threaded parts to get a right fit.

With the above moderator they get much more quiet but the semiauto action stopped working.
I plan on using a weaker spring (in the shroud) to get the semiauto working again.

This video (Blitz and Invader have almost identical shroud and semiauto) explains that after adding a moderator you will need to install a weaker shroud spring to get the semiauto working:

I own one.

You can easily adjust the power by the hamerspring screw.
Why would you use a washer?

Mine does 45 Joules with H&N Baracuda power.
These are the best pellets for this gun. Because they are copperplated they are harder and do not get damaged by the bolt in semi auto function.

The quality is terrible, realy it is crap.
Trigger is very heavy, i modified it.
I modified the complete gun to get it work better.
It will never group great, but enough for my use now.

I will try to place a link here for a Dutch forum where I posted my work on the Hatsan wit a lot of pictures.

I have one in .22.
Stock they are very loud and shoot CPHP around 950 FPS for about 3 magazines.

I downtuned mine by adding a washer (M4 I think) in the air tube.
This mod is explained in other places, and works with other Hatsan PCPs with removable air tubes/cylinders.
When filling to 240 bar (Hatsan states a fill pressure of 200 bar) now I get 5 magazines with about 40-50 FPS spread in the mid 800s FPS.

I just printed a moderator that you can find here: https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=214798.0
I had to print several threaded parts to get a right fit.

With the above moderator they get much more quiet but the semiauto action stopped working.
I plan on using a weaker spring (in the shroud) to get the semiauto working again.

This video (Blitz and Invader have almost identical shroud and semiauto) explains that after adding a moderator you will need to install a weaker shroud spring to get the semiauto working:
where do you get the weaker spring? maybe it would make the blitz shoot the jsb jumbo monster redesigned 25 grain pellets? also does anyone know how to add slow the rate of fire on blitz down? wish it was around 600 instead of 1200 RPM.
thank you
Mark

where do you get the weaker spring? maybe it would make the blitz shoot the jsb jumbo monster redesigned 25 grain pellets? also does anyone know how to add slow the rate of fire on blitz down? wish it was around 600 instead of 1200 RPM.
thank you
Mark
These are the dimensions of the original Hatsan Invader shroud spring:
Length: 75mm
Wire diameter: 1.4mm
Outer Diameter: 19.4mm
Inner Diameter: 16.6mm

I plan on buying (from Aliexpress) a 100mm long spring with a 1.2mm wire diameter and 19mm outer diameter:

I will then keep cutting the 100mm spring until the semiauto action works from 240bar to about 130-140bar for the 5 magazines I was getting before adding the moderator.

I hope someone can use this information.
Good thread and thanks to Google translate (using Chrome) I can understand it.
It goes into much deeper mods than I was planning.

For me the mods were:
-get longer flatter shot string which means reduce power (using the washer which acts as air restrictor) and fill at higher pressure
-make it quiet
-add a trigger shoe and increase size of bolt using thermoplastic

I will also change the shroud spring to make the semiauto work again after adding the moderator.

Here is my Invader with 3D printed moderator, blue trigger shoe and bolt made from thermoplastic.

20240630_125722.jpg

20240630_125655.jpg

20240630_125716.jpg

I own one.

These are the best pellets for this gun. Because they are copperplated they are harder and do not get damaged by the bolt in semi auto function.

I will try to place a link here for a Dutch forum where I posted my work on the Hatsan wit a lot of pictures.
I used the washer to restrict the air flow and get a longer flatter shot string, 60 shots with CPHP (14.5 grains) in the mid 800 FPS and a spread of 40-50FPS.
My Invader is very accurate despite the heavy trigger.
The heavy trigger is normal for semiauto air guns.

I used the washer to restrict the air flow and get a longer flatter shot string, 60 shots with CPHP (14.5 grains) in the mid 800 FPS and a spread of 40-50FPS.
My Invader is very accurate despite the heavy trigger.
The heavy trigger is normal for semiauto air guns.
I made a new and larger triggerblade.
Polished al the sears and placed a softer spring in the trigger system.
Made a huge difference.
After all the modifications i can shoot a group of a inch at 50 meters with a scope.
But i always shoot with open sights, much more fun with a semi auto.

Still had problems after al the mods.

Broke my valvestem twice already, happens after 2500 shots.
Broke my hamerspring, after about 4000 shots
And now is the spring in the shroud worn out. Problems with repeating. Ordered a new spring.

thank you
Mark
I do not think that you can slow the rate of fire down.

The semiauto can be fixed by replacing the shroud spring.
I'm sure I will end up modifying it at some point. I would like to shorten the barrel and then do a moderator to keep the length the same. Then I lose some velocity so idk.

Hopefully it functions properly when I get it. It was used on ebay and the seller had no seller feedback yet. It may end up being returned if they're trying to pull a fast one.

I own one.

Where I can find this hamerspring screw to adjust power?