Have i and all other Danish .177 shooters missed something ?

As far as I can remember the only good results I have heard of os the panthera 600mm and 700mm due to having the 1:16 twist rate barrel, and it specifically works better if you're in a high altitude region like 5000ft above sea level. There was one member in particular who was getting thise results, idt he's still an active member, I believe it was @weevil

Also I believe VikingAirgunner proved the panthera worthy of the 20gr slugs

10 cm off the front, the barrel are turned a little in the breech end so a slug / pellet will just " fall " in there, well at least for a few mm, if you try the same in the other end you will not get very far.
The FX barrels have a slight grove turned on the outside in the breech end so you can put it back in the gun in the right orientation if you had it out of it.
I have found that most liners are “thight” in the breech , I ream the breech to size ,but the next one I gonna cut on both sides. I am aware of the little groove and will groove the breech again accordingly. I take my Crown Continiuum to the range tomorrow. Do some more testing with my Alfa 177 1/38 barrel With 16 gr Zan and H&N slugs. Prefer solid barrels. That said I have some pretty good results with my reworked 177 liners. But it seems that with the Alfa my Crown holds better zero each time I take it out shooting.

I been looking at a Alfa poly barrel, but i have no where to machine it, and asking a gun smith here to do it, well it would probably be very expensive.
Also i cant seem to find one that would allow me to make a 700 mm long barrel, and as it is for my Two rifle i would like to still have a tensioned barrel by using shroud i have, or get a new shroud and end pieced from Epic airguns.

high altitude region
That we do not have in Denmark, out highers " mountains " well calling them mountains are really a insult to proper mountains, so as i am the kind of guy that call things as i see them, i call then berms or heap.

Yeah viking airgunner tried 20 grainers too but he quickly left them alone again, he is primarily shooting 16 grain these days.
We actually live in the same town here, and i use to get my bottle filled by him.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I been looking at a Alfa poly barrel, but i have no where to machine it, and asking a gun smith here to do it, well it would probably be very expensive.
Also i cant seem to find one that would allow me to make a 700 mm long barrel, and as it is for my Two rifle i would like to still have a tensioned barrel by using shroud i have, or get a new shroud and end pieced from Epic airguns.
Mine is an conventional grooved 67cm 1/38 Alfa. It shoots the 16 gr very good. I cannot get the power out of my Crown to shoot the 20 gr fast enough. The 16 goes 950 fps the 20 around 890.
My Epic 2 shoots very well with the .22 redesign with the 700 CZub barrel. Have an 550 LW poly in .22 for slugs. Have to shoot that one, no time and oppertunity.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
That we do not have in Denmark, out highers " mountains " well calling them mountains are really a insult to proper mountains, so as i am the kind of guy that call things as i see them, i call then berms or heap.

Yeah viking airgunner tried 20 grainers too but he quickly left them alone again, he is primarily shooting 16 grain these days.
We actually live in the same town here, and i use to get my bottle filled by him.
Gotcha, the other option is going for s custom ordered alpha barrel with the 360mm twist. I got one from airgunheaven.com but it was a 450mm barrel for the leshiy classic, the choke was too tight so I chopped it, but then it was too short to use on the leshiy and the end cap wouldn't tighten against the shroud. But look at this thread for a a year or two back, it can definitely be done!

Mine is an conventional grooved 67cm 1/38 Alfa. It shoots the 16 gr very good. I cannot get the power out of my Crown to shoot the 20 gr fast enough. The 16 goes 950 fps the 20 around 890.
My Epic 2 shoots very well with the .22 redesign with the 700 CZub barrel. Have an 550 LW poly in .22 for slugs. Have to shoot that one, no time and oppertunity.
@Rallyshark ended up machining a couple things on his mavericks block as well as setting the reg to 200b to achieve the velocities you're looking for.

IMG_2919.jpeg

My crown shoots the 20 grain at 870fps and shoots 1.5moa at 200yards

Reactions: Olle Grieze