Hawke Warranty Results

Problem was 2 points of impact about 1.5 inches apart. Hawke says nothing wrong with the scope. So I mounted a Sightron S Tac on the D54, .22 in Zero Recoil Mount. This is the third day I have shot it at 20 meters. As with the first day I shot back to back 5 shot groups that stayed within a notebook reinforcement ring. Also shot 75 shots at our reduced paper shiloutte animals, 73x75 both misses by a hair. So when summer comes I will put the Hawke on my 17lb .22BR benchrest rifle and see what happens. Turn around was very quick. But right now with the Sightron it's shooting in a hole. Time will tell.

I have heard the "scope rings too tight," excuse from Hawke before, as well. Never mind the fact that I use high quality WERA torque tools and have decades of experience mounting scopes. There are other brands that provide similar, or better products without the "blame the customer" warranty request issues. I like the "no fault" brands. Funny thing is, none of the scopes I have from a major, "no fault" brand has ever had a warranty issue. Who knew? 🤷

Reactions: dgeesaman
I have heard the "scope rings too tight," excuse from Hawke before, as well. Never mind the fact that I use high quality WERA torque tools and have decades of experience mounting scopes. There are other brands that provide similar, or better products without the "blame the customer" warranty request issues. I like the "no fault" brands. Funny thing is, none of the scopes I have from a major, "no fault" brand has ever had a warranty issue. Who knew? 🤷
So what's hawks recommend toque value on any of there scopes tubes ? I guess that's in the scopes manual or posted on there home site on any scope ? Or s ND them a email and ask then keep there responce on file of what they say it is ..

Ring cap screws should be set to 16 inch pounds (1.33 ft/lbs or 1.8 nm)
Base screws should be set to 30 inch pounds (2.5 ft/lbs or 1.8 nm)

Please note that through guidance of this article Hawke Optics accept no liability for damaged riflescopes, mounts or equipment as a result of following these steps. These instructions are as a reference only.

LoL... Got to love the last paragraph.. ..lol

Now how does that hawke " no fault lifetime warranty ". Work ?

Reactions: Lazarus Long
Hawke Optics has over the years been nothing but OUTSTANDING with me and my couple issues I have had with their scopes. As the guy above said, I made a call to the Repair section, they issued me a return label and I sent it in. It was in their repair shop within hours from arriving, and I received an email back, saying a new scope was on the way to me. Cant beat that service anywhere......BC

Reactions: Airgun Al
From Hawke website.

“Hawke’s No Fault Warranty applies only to products purchased after January, 1 2018 from authorised retailers (as listed here). Items purchased prior to January 1, 2018 are covered under Hawke’s original warranty, see your instruction booklet for details. Applies to the original owner only.”

Reactions: Airgun Al
From Hawke website.

“Hawke’s No Fault Warranty applies only to products purchased after January, 1 2018 from authorised retailers (as listed here). Items purchased prior to January 1, 2018 are covered under Hawke’s original warranty, see your instruction booklet for details. Applies to the original owner only.”
I sent a Hawke scope in for repair., The dude at Hawke emailed me and said he would not accept any scope from me, in the future,...citing mount failure. That is NOT a no fault warranty. I have 5 Hawke scopes, now. I would never buy their product, ever again.

Hmmmmm.. maybe no fault means it's not there fault ? .lol🤔

Buy Athlon or Vortex.

Vortex might be considered having the most trouble free warranty in the scope world however they also seem to have a higher rate of failure from what I've read.
A friend sent his G1 PST back and the same one was returned to him with the same problem it had before.

Often either company will just send you a new replacement scope in the event of a failure in the product but not always.

One friend had a perceived problem with his pcp air rifle which was that the size of his groups doubled from when he bought the gun. He tried another scope on his gun and the groups were great again. So the G1 Argos that was on the gun had something wrong with it. He sent it in and got a G2 Argos which in some ways is a superior scope to the former.

I'd research which scopes from either company are rated springer friendly before making a purchase.

A NO HASSLE WARRANTY is nice!!!!

Only hassle I had with a athlon warranty was going to the post office to drop it off to send.

Quick turnaround . The few days to get it to them . 2 days with them , and the few days to have it back in hand .. scope working as good as new .. I'm satisfied.😉
I got a Athlon 1-10 LPVO one time but it was wonky to my old eyes above 4.5x so I sent it back and talked to someone there and explained this optical weirdness I was experiencing. It turned out the guys with young eyes at the shop didn't see this like I did. I explained my older friends had the same problem I did when they looked through the scope so they accepted my dilemma as true.
At that point I decided that any scope in a 1-8 or 1-10 had to have a side focus to work for my my eyes and needs. In the end they sent me a similarly priced scope instead which I was very satisfied with.

No company is perfect but CS like this I found totally amazing.

Then shortly after that I traded another scope I didn't need anymore to get me into a March 1-10 DFP from here at AN which solved my problem of needing a LPVO. It's much more suitable for my eyes than any other LPVO I've tried and how I use the scope.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty