Head shot thread

These I believe I recorded at 240 frames a second so you can really get that slug spiraling in the air and the aftermath :D. Think I can only post one video at a time. So will make a second post. I have memory cards full of these, as well as on possums and racoons if anyone is interested. Daytime I can record in 240 frames though which makes for excellent slo mo.

That 240fps is soo much better...I bought the tactacam solo xtreme because I looked at the specs in the manual and it said it has 240fps but it doesn't. Maxes out at 120 fps which sucks...now I wanna return it. How the **** can you put out a manual in the wrong info

Tactacam solo xtreme specs.png

Reactions: Bandito
I just posted on VITAL post about ho I prefer body shots over head shots. Sitting in lawn chair and see this guy way up on branch went in garage got gun came back and he was gone. a couple minutes later see movement sitting in fork in tree only shot presented was the head. I had grabbed pellets from a tin in garage HN Terminator 16 gr from my son's tin as I had left my pellets in the house. I have only shot these pellet out of my old Talon SS and my boys crosman never out of my 22TalonP. I lined up cross hairs pulled trigger and whack this pellet made pop sound alot louder than the 25.39 round nose. Pellet turned his head to mush. He also had a shattered back leg from old pellet wound probably from my son trying to rid our property of chipmunk and red squirrels. I liked the loud audible smack the Terminator gave off this squirrels dome.

IMG_20240703_200708458.jpg

IMG_20240703_200720338.jpg

Sucky day no rabbits or ground squirrels....just stupid lizards. Misjudged the 2nd lizard, was using the 1mil hashmark to aim for headshot, hit .5 mil low but when your targets head is only 1/4 inch wide that's a big miss on the head. @JaceSpace1369 This is about the most common size mini dragons I see
View attachment 477177View attachment 477176View attachment 477175
Not really sure why I didn't get this notification. But at least you get to pretty much practice your marksmanship with target sizes that small, neat! I do the same with the smaller iguanas, head sized usually range from dime size and up.

Vulcan 3 in 30 cal
55gn slug @ 960fps
Lizard @ 30 yards

This is getting ridiculous, gonna need to find some new hunting grounds for rabbits. Saw only one today at about 70 yards but he was moving, never had a shot. Getting scarce.

Well, have to keep my shooting skills up so hit this lizard at 30 yards.

1000004388.jpg1000004389.jpg

Took this one while coffee was brewing. Came in down my fenceline and was nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I thought it would bolt when it turned and started to go into the garden, but it just couldn't resist those sunflower seeds!

Dropped him with a norma 17.6 grain doing 25 fpe. If you zoom in, you can see it was a direct shot to the eye.

1000008391.jpg

Last edited:
No kidding about the insert pellet into the eye, directly. It looks like the squirrel turned into some sort of cyborg after the shot breaks... with the evil, silver colored eye.

Great shot and great documentation... Just wanna add that I am glad that I am not the only person to have troubles with getting the camera level with the cross hairs ;). Keep up the good work, Dr!

No kidding about the insert pellet into the eye, directly. It looks like the squirrel turned into some sort of cyborg after the shot breaks... with the evil, silver colored eye.

Great shot and great documentation... Just wanna add that I am glad that I am not the only person to have troubles with getting the camera level with the cross hairs ;). Keep up the good work, Dr!
Hey, at least I shot him with a Kral gun!

I'm using a side shot and a Samsung S9 I dedicated to the rig. It's one of my old phones and I just BT them to my current phone for upload. I think the tilt in the crosshairs in from my unlevel shooting table. It's just an old fold up card table, and it took one hell of a beating a month ago from a bad hail storm we had.

I need to make or get a new one... and a level!

Took this one while coffee was brewing. Came in down my fenceline and was nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I thought it would bolt when it turned and started to go into the garden, but it just couldn't resist those sunflower seeds!

Dropped him with a norma 17.6 grain doing 25 fpe. If you zoom in, you can see it was a direct shot to the eye.

View attachment 478097
Nice shot...I haven't gone out past couple days been hot as hell...115 degrees, not much moving :-/

Went out late was already getting dark but spotted this guy, dropped down to prone cause I'm not taking an offhand headshot at 60 yards on a rabbit (wish I was that good)
Vulcan 3 30 cal 55gn @ 960 fps slug made on my Thor Press

Recorded this on tactacam, still getting used to it, when using the phone app you can get a clearer picture because sometime it looks great through the scope but the vid isn't so clear on the phone. Didn't have time to fine tune it on the phone app. Also not great pic because low light.

View attachment 472311

View attachment 472312

View attachment 472313
nice shots @ 60 yds