Head shot thread

IMG_7352.jpeg

Avenger .25cal shooting a 26gr hybrid slug @ 70yds
right behind the eye

Reactions: Ranchibi
This was all in the same night! Racoons have over run my position and are coming outta the damn walls man! 🪖If you watch the first thermal video you’ll realize what I only did later on that there was another big raccoon right underneath where this one fell and just got out of the way. Both were attacking my bird feeder. So in about a 5 minute span I saw three raccoons and domed 2. The sneakier one at about 50 yards took my 93 grain NSA hollow point at 920fps in the head, all the way through the body, and out the other end! Could hear it ricochet against a tree branch after it had gone through him. When I checked on the bodies the next morning the first one was a bloody gory mess, watching the thermal footage you can really see what I mean, then the other one looked like he had been flattened by a car or something. That big fat slug must have really done a number on his insides. Don’t know where all these raccoons have come from. But in the last two weeks my wife counts around 8 or 9 kills on my end. Have plenty of footage if anyone wants to see more. I headshot only ;).

Popped this guy this morning on a short hunt. My preferred spot was an island as Percy Priest is full of the 5.5 inches of rain Nashville received.

I was moving to a new spot and saw this bogie hauling ass to a big oak. I eventually saw the outline of his noggin peaking at me from his left eye as he was pointed away from me.

15.9 Predator @935 from approximately 30 yards, complete pass through, but DRT

20241001_080159 (1).jpg

EDIT: Not complaining about the rain, and may God bless and help everyone impacted by the storm.

Last edited:
About 10 minutes ago. Confirmation testing my results on a slug after cleaning my barrel. And this little bastard climbs over squirrel I had just taken off of one of my bird feeders. He, while literally atop the side of a deceased squirrel is very slightly quartering away reaching for the feeder pole. I knew his heart/lungs would be hit at this angle. It appears I've gotten all of his thoracic vitals, his brain stem, and his entire brain pan. He didn't even twitch or posture. This is not a traditional headshot. But it sure as hell did some work on his noggin. Entered his right flank, traveled through his vitals, up his neck and out his brow. .25 ZAN 28gr 920~

Entrance

IMG_20241001_163842969.jpg

Exit.....
IMG_20241001_163820170.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JimNM and SteveV
About 10 minutes ago. Confirmation testing my results on a slug after cleaning my barrel. And this little bastard climbs over squirrel I had just taken off of one of my bird feeders. He, while literally stop the side of a deceased squirrel is very slightly quartering away... This is not a traditional headshot. But it sure as hell did some work on his noggin. Entered his right flank, traveled through his vitals, up his neck and out his brow. .25 ZAN 28gr 920~

Entrance

View attachment 500935

Exit.....
View attachment 500934
Not a traditional head shot but, boy was it good! 🤗

Reactions: $p00kygH0ST