Head shot thread

I'm coming down to Clearwater in a few weeks for a funeral. I have to get down there and take some invasive lizards.
Sorry for the loss, I hope all goes well at the funeral. We're located in West Palm Beach on the east coast. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you set up for a hunt with me or my partner.

Reactions: $p00kygH0ST
First shot of the day. Chipsan Munkrallah was caught hoarding seeds and other supplies for his radical brand of seedlam, quickly dispatched for the safety of the surrounding critters.

(Tunnelling under my patio slab, causing cracks and need for expensive repairs, local titmouse intelligence reports chipzbollah HQ is located in these tunnels)

11.5y AEA 15.9 855fps.
IMG_20241003_152610960.jpg
IMG_20241003_152631857_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jnewood
First shot of the day. Chipsan Munkrallah was caught hoarding seeds and other supplies for his radical brand of seedlam, quickly dispatched for the safety of the surrounding critters.

(Tunnelling under my patio slab, causing cracks and need for expensive repairs, local titmouse intelligence reports chipzbollah HQ is located in these tunnels)View attachment 501534View attachment 501535

Niiiiice!!!

Reactions: $p00kygH0ST
Got a bunch in my backyard the last week or so with the notos, shot between 15 and 35 yards, some with 18.1 jts, some with hades. Two of them dropped on the spot, others did their not very pleased dance on the lawn…

The guy in the bucket was a big guy (bucket in case wife is around to avoid stink eye for letting her see them before cleaning ;))

IMG_3682.jpeg
IMG_3543.jpeg
IMG_3486.jpeg

Couple of weeks ago.
Crossman 1377
H&N Baracuda Hunter

Was chewing everything up under the hood of the pickup. One to the top of the noggin. View attachment 498224
That was my first airgun, the 1377 with a stock way back in 1984. Loved that thing! Didn't have the bolt action on the older ones, don't even know what they called it.
old style 1377.jpeg

Got a bunch in my backyard the last week or so with the notos, shot between 15 and 35 yards, some with 18.1 jts, some with hades. Two of them dropped on the spot, others did their not very pleased dance on the lawn…

The guy in the bucket was a big guy (bucket in case wife is around to avoid stink eye for letting her see them before cleaning ;))

View attachment 501696View attachment 501697View attachment 501698
Every day the $269 spent to get the notos seems to feel like a better and better deal. The gun was bought as a novelty project and had become indispensable. I'm sure you've grown to love it as well. Good shooting.

Reactions: ZekeZX10
Loving it!
Every day the $269 spent to get the notos seems to feel like a better and better deal. The gun was bought as a novelty project and had become indispensable. I'm sure you've grown to love it as well. Good shooting

Every day the $269 spent to get the notos seems to feel like a better and better deal. The gun was bought as a novelty project and had become indispensable. I'm sure you've grown to love it as well. Good shooting.
Loving it! Super agile, spot on dead center (seems like I have to burn the first shot though, after that it’s drilling…), quiet and a lot of fun to shoot!! Right now it’s what I pick up (by far) the most.

Loving it!

Loving it! Super agile, spot on dead center (seems like I have to burn the first shot though, after that it’s drilling…), quiet and a lot of fun to shoot!! Right now it’s what I pick up (by far) the most.
Weird. I have never had that issue with mine. In fact the stock reg never seemed to creep. Is your first shot low then it works up? Or the reverse? Also did you install a plenum ?

First shot is low most of the times. No plenum, gun is stock other than trigger.
I this is immediately after coming out of air conditioned storage if at home or car from ride? The plenum air. Or already regulated air can heat up and the pressure can increase by a decent amount if the differential is high enough. Once noted on my dreamline after a ride the stored temp at home being 68 a plenum pressure of 122 bar. When I pulled it out of the case at the hunt 138/140 bar in 93deg. First shot was way low. Hammer spring is set for your reg pressure. An extra 10-15 bar is a good bit.

I this is immediately after coming out of air conditioned storage if at home or car from ride? The plenum air. Or already regulated air can heat up and the pressure can increase by a decent amount if the differential is high enough. Once noted on my dreamline after a ride the stored temp at home being 68 a plenum pressure of 122 bar. When I pulled it out of the case at the hunt 138/140 bar in 93deg. First shot was way low. Hammer spring is set for your reg pressure. An extra 10-15 bar is a good bit.
Gmmm that’s a good point. I’ll see whether letting it sit in the sun a bit cause this vs letting it sit in the basement for the same time.

Gmmm that’s a good point. I’ll see whether letting it sit in the sun a bit cause this vs letting it sit in the basement for the same time.
The issue (maybe) is from going inside to outside. The temperature rises, the pressure rises. Empty and go outside and shoot. Or if you have a test setup inside and a pellet catch. Fill inside. Shoot inside. I'll bet the first shot is normal. Same as if let the gun get up to ambient temp, filled (from empty) and then shot outside. Once the temperature rises from either walking outside with the gun, or walking from the car to the range. It's gonna stay there until you shoot, or allow the temperature to drop. The expansion happens In the reservoir and plenum. Or do you mean you could be out shooting and everytime there is a decent pause you get drop off?