Heavy-duty rifle shipping boxes... are EXPENSIVE!

I'm going to be selling some nice air rifles soon, and get tired of making or scrounging-up boxes that are heavy-duty and discreet enough. So I finally broke down and ordered a half-dozen heavy-duty, foam padded cardboard rifle-shipping boxes. With the $50 (total) shipping charge, they set me back $27 each! And though it was hard to justify $160 worth of (6) cardboard boxes, I figure the time saved and peace of mind these will provide is worth the price of admission when shipping away nice air rifles. 

I have (occasionally) used foam-padded hard rifle-cases that don't really cost any more than these cardboard boxes, but you might as well write in big, bold letters, "Hey, there's a RIFLE in this RIFLE CASE!" Also, shipping a rifle case always entails wrangling with a clueless clerk who's ignorant about federal and/or company shipping regulations. Hopefully these expensive, nondescript cardboard shipping boxes will save me enough grief and aggravation in the long-run to justify their expense. 

Reactions: FunGun
These cases come in a plain cardboard box (no gun markings on outside) and you can get them shipped free to your local Walmart.

I've seen Walmart lower them to as low as $11. How can you go wrong? The padding is a bit on the "soft" side so I usually add a piece of cardboard between the case and the foam if I put a smaller gun inside. Plus the buyer gets a free case.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-Gun-Guard-SE-Series-Single-Rifle-Case-Black/20893853

I got them from CameronPackaging.com. Ggadballs posted the link above (I wasn't sure if posting links is allowed here). 

I used to buy cheap ($20) hard rifle-cases like those in BigTinBoat's link above, but then could never find tham in the cardboard boxes they used to come in (in stores). Assuming they do (still) come from Walmart.com in cardboard boxes, that's the way to go.

Thanks Gentlemen, and happy shooting!