Airforce Helium

Helium is a semi-scarce resource. It's very finite and once used, you don't reclaim it, much like air.

Not just that, as John mentioned, its far harder to seal as the molecules are much smaller than atmospheric air. You think airgun leaks are a pain now, then go try helium.

-Matt

Of course today some family ask if I had any use for helium, so I asked, how much do you have thinking they had some of those small party tanks for 🎈balloons.

Well yes, tanks for balloons but not the small ones!

Screenshot_20240929_183427_Gallery.jpg

The big question is how crazy do I want to get? 🤔

🤣

Allen

Reactions: Scotchmo
Of course today some family ask if I had any use for helium, so I asked, how much do you have thinking they had some of those small party tanks for 🎈balloons.

View attachment 500556

🤣

Allen
I wouldn’t use it regularly, but since it was given to you, get crazy. Do some experiments.

If those are 6000psi cylinders, take proper care when filling airguns..

View attachment 500556

🤣

Allen
FREE ? you could trade in for C02 tanks full ? tanks that size would fil a lot of guns .

Just out of curiosity - are you for real serious with Hydrogen? Have you ever heard of the Hindenberg? 💣💥
Flammable gasses are handled safely and put to use effectively all the time. Hydrogen is no exception, no need to fear, not much different from acetylene or propane. It could be done safely in an experimental environment. Obviously not a practical option.

Partly serious. Partly just curious.

I don't have any co2 guns. But yes, considering helium because it was free.

Hydrogen no, flammable is a no no.

Just wondering what to put it in or wait until I get a Mora? I'm thinking a heavy slug, but maybe putting it in the .30 liner in the impact and seeing what it could do. 🤔

I haven't really thought too much about it as I been too busy with work but it maybe slowing down.

Allen

If they have helium in um use it by sending to your compressor, they both appear to be out of test but if you want to get them refilled a hydro is about 25 bucks then just have them filled with Nitrogen to again transfill through your compressor, or if they are 2265 psi tanks use them teathered to your gun via foster fittings and a cga 580 nut and nipple ( western enterprise 15-3 nipple and a 92 nut with 1/4" npt when they get too low for usable shots feed the rest to your compressor

Reactions: Healthservices

View attachment 500556

🤣

Allen
Allen, may I suggest to chain those tanks to a wall or post. Just in case the Big One hits, you don't want one falling over, shearing off the valve and then getting propelled by that 6000psi!

Reactions: Healthservices