Hello guys, This is Pete the pellet trap builder.

Thomas, 34 gn slugs at pretty short distances of 20-30 yards.

Andy
Hello again @ACard

You are producing 68.15 fpe at the muzzel based on 950fps and 34gr projectile. Pete's Trap will safely take 70 fpe at 50-yards all day long. Of course the fpe drops over distance and an estimate at 25-yards would be 63.37fpe, so you are right on the edge. At 30-yards you would need to be around 55 fpe, but 20-yards is just too close. Hope this will help.

ThomasT

Reactions: ACard
Just wanted to say i joined the forum and i'm building traps again.

Thanks ,
Pete Pellet Trap man
Pete,

Welcome to the forum. I own one of your traps (although I purchased it from another member in the Classifieds). I posted my experience with your trap here:

I'm curious what you are selling these for as I may want another one?

Three modifications that you might consider on your next run are:

1. A full bead across the entire bottom/back of the trap (to keep pellet fragments from coming out of the back of the trap).
2. An inexpensive handle bolted to the top for carrying it around.
3. Different thickness steel backers for folks that might be shooting higher FPE

It could be modular for those that may not want a handle or thicker steal backer, but the full bead would really help as getting pellet fragments on the carpet irks the wife (30 seconds with the vacuum and it is all cleaned up 😆). I wanted to provide you some thoughts and feedback. My son and I have had great fun using your trap.

-PJ

Hello again @ACard

You are producing 68.15 fpe at the muzzel based on 950fps and 34gr projectile. Pete's Trap will safely take 70 fpe at 50-yards all day long. Of course the fpe drops over distance and an estimate at 25-yards would be 63.37fpe, so you are right on the edge. At 30-yards you would need to be around 55 fpe, but 20-yards is just too close. Hope this will help.

ThomasT
Thomas, thank you for the informative reply! I will need to do some measuring in the back yard and see how far I can safely set up a lane.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Any closer to being able to respond?
I got a msg from Pete saying my pellet trap was ready; he asked me to send him e-mail address, name, CC info.

I wasn’t sure thst the site msgs are really private, so I suggested going directly through e-mail or phone to continue the transaction. The next day I sent him my e-mail address. Haven’t heard anything since that first contact.

Guessing he’s either swamped with orders or having trouble getting communications to/from AGN’s system.

Reactions: HogKiller
I got a msg from Pete saying my pellet trap was ready; he asked me to send him e-mail address, name, CC info.

I wasn’t sure thst the site msgs are really private, so I suggested going directly through e-mail or phone to continue the transaction. The next day I sent him my e-mail address. Haven’t heard anything since that first contact.

Guessing he’s either swamped with orders or having trouble getting communications to/from AGN’s system.
I hope to hear from him soon.

I hope to hear from him soo

I essentially said the same thing. I really want one of his traps but.....I'm not fond of putting my CC info in a PM, it could be the same as putting it on Twitter.

Reactions: jetpopt
OK great! I look forward to hearing from him.

Jetpopt, I sent you an email. Did you receive it?

Jetpopt, I sent you an email. Did you receive it?
Pete, I got your e-mail but didn’t see that it had been Yahooed straight to the Junk folder until I looked today.

Your e-mail address and first few words were loaded but the rest was blank, so I sent you an e-mail at the address shown, about 1.5 hrs ago.

Anybody else who’s wondering what happened to their requests, check your spam folders!

Pete, I got your e-mail but didn’t see that it had been Yahooed straight to the Junk folder until I looked today.

Your e-mail address and first few words were loaded but the rest was blank, so I sent you an e-mail at the address shown, about 1.5 hrs ago.

Anybody else who’s wondering what happened to their requests, check your spam folders!
Ok , let me see if I have it.