Hello guys, This is Pete the pellet trap builder.

Built stands for my Pellet Traps that will be set up at 25M & 50 yards on my Shooting Range which is currently under construction.

IMG_5330.jpeg

IMG_5332.jpeg

IMG_5329.jpeg

Reactions: Str8tshooter
Reactions: Str8tshooter
Nice! Do the wood posts have another hole or two in them for adjusting the height?

I look forward to getting my BBPT; hope UPS doesn’t strike.
No there is no adjustment on the stands that I built. I measured barrel height from my shooting bench, and built the stands so the Traps would be in the center of that measurement. I would have liked to have one set up at a higher height for offhand shooting, but want to keep my backstop as compact as possible as the area will be a multi use recreation site.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Just received the BBPT, it's tough, not even the USPS UPS could screw it up. Nice and solid, well constructed. Looking forward to giving it a shot tomorrow, pun intended.

Addendum: Not picking nits here just my observations for my requirements. Firstly I'm in an urban area, not on top of each other but...still. Gun, Maverick 600mm .25 with DonnyFl Moderator, 33.95 gr pellets at 900fps. Set it up at 25ish yards, This thing is light, I've got a steel trap that will stop most anything up to .308 and it's VERY HEAVY. 6 shots down towards the bottom, OH OH, not backyard friendly. Not BELL LOUD but very noticeable. Interesting thing is the pellets were pulverized, steel held up very very well. Ok what to do, well my good old standby, rubberized mulch, brought the trap in, laid it out and added about 2" of rubber mulch and layer of carpet and good old duct tape, put target on cardboard back on and put it back. A few more shots, ahhhhh much better, not as quiet as a cardboard box with the mulch but MUCH better in the bottom and 3/4 of the way up, at the top not so good, but perhaps acceptable. Next I'm going to try a mix of Flex Seal and Rubber Mulch, just to see if it'll hold up better and my Carpet/Mulch that does the job for 500 rounds or so. Later I'll try my Maverick .22 Compact.

I'm still happy with it, it's light, I can move it around as necessary and it's weather proof, well, except for the cardboard, but I can bring it in on the off chance we get rain in the next few months, not likely but it happens on occasion.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Just received the BBPT, it's tough, not even the USPS could screw it up. Nice and solid, well constructed. Looking forward to giving it a shot tomorrow, pun intended.
Hello @HogKiller

It is so hot here in Texas that I have moved both of my BBPT back indoors and shooting 20-foot targets with one of my pistols. I have lost count but have now shot way over 4000 pellets at the traps, hope you enjoy your's as much as I have.

ThomasT

Last edited:
l received my trap a week or so ago. Been busy but I can't shoot outside at my location. So I purchased a cow mat at local Fleet Farm. It is 1/2" of pretty compressed rubber. I cut a piece to put over the back, cut it tight so I had to force it in place. Then cut a piece the size of the flanges OD on the front and clilpped in place with those black spring clips. Another clip at top holds the target. It is super quiet with .177 and .22.

• Love
l received my trap a week or so ago. Been busy but I can't shoot outside at my location. So I purchased a cow mat at local Fleet Farm. It is 1/2" of pretty compressed rubber. I cut a piece to put over the back, cut it tight so I had to force it in place. Then cut a piece the size of the flanges OD on the front and clilpped in place with those black spring clips. Another clip at top holds the target. It is super quiet with .177 and .22.
Happy plinking

Reactions: tnbndr
This sounds like a great idea. I’m on just under 10 acres and not annoying the neighbors is high on my priorities when plinking.

Reactions: ThomasT and tnbndr