Help picking an element optics scope for a fx m3 under $500

It is difficult to say without knowing your intended use. The Helix line is all you could get under 500 from Element. The Titan line is a bit more than 500 but gets you much better glass. If you are open to other brands then there are many Hawke and Athlon scopes available from Airgun Depot under 500. I would probably take the Athlon Argos 8-32 BTR Gen2.

It is difficult to say without knowing your intended use. The Helix line is all you could get under 500 from Element. The Titan line is a bit more than 500 but gets you much better glass. If you are open to other brands then there are many Hawke and Athlon scopes available from Airgun Depot under 500. I would probably take the Athlon Argos 8-32 BTR Gen2.

I want to make this rifle into a bench rest target rifle.
There is a airgun range opening up here in the dallas area in September that plans to have tourneys.
I'd also like to take a shot at some pigs on my bosses ranch.

Reactions: Bandito
I do not own and have never used an Element scope. My one Athlon has better glass than my other scopes similar in price. My Arken EPL-4 is my most expensive and in many ways nicest scope. If I was to buy a target scope I would try hard to get the Falcon t50i which is 5-50X. It is available under $500, should be closer to $400. Available in England now and starting to get to the U. S.. It is a little like the 10-50 T50 but assembled in China (like the Element Helix, I believe).

Reactions: Dirtydrywaller
As all three of my PCP’s have Element Helix scopes on them. Very pleased. I dial all my ranges and they always come back to zero.
I had a Titan as well, 5-25x56, 34mm tube. Thing was like a sewer pipe. Really liked it, only thing I wasn’t keen on was the FFP. I use my scopes at 8 power, so the reticle is still pretty thin. It would probably be a great BR scope since they usually crank them up to max. I ended up selling it and bought another Helix with SFP. One of these days I would like to try a Hawke, they have a great reputation too.

Last edited:
I have a Helix 4-16x FFP that is a solid scope. Its on my MK2 Slugger 25Cal and I use it out to about 200yds occasionally for pest control. If you are shooting paper for groups the 6-24x version would be better, but will be a bit darker. I really like mine, the reticle is very thin which is good for precision work. But if I had a credit I would pick several Athlon scopes in that price range over the Helix. If you want an Element the Helix is a solid performer both in image quality, and the turret/erector assembly. I like Mils over MOA but that is entirely personal preference.

Hi
I did go ahead and get the athlon argos Gen 2 , 8x34x56.
I did however have to get adjustable scope rings to go along with it.
I had it out in the yard today at 80 feet and it was wonderful. I have diabetes related eye problems but everything seemed really clear for me on this scope, and it seems to be nicely built.
Tomorrow I'm off to the rifle range to get it really dialed in.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Reactions: MongooseV8