Help please, stuck cleaning patch

Hope you dont more compact it in using a dowl to push out.. lol.. been there done that

I made a puller out of hi tencil wire and made a packing puller type thing with a cork screw end to dig in and pull ..

My patch was deeper in maybe perfect 1/2 way ( my luck). Pushing it was no option and mad it stuck tighter..lol then .177 too boot so not much room to work..

Anyway heres a look at packing pullers and the tips for ideas to make somthing if needed.

View attachment 315599
That is brilliant! I was actually trying to picture something just like this. The patch is so close to the muzzle that these would work perfectly. Are these the pullers that you created? I don’t know how I would make these but would love to buy something like those

That is brilliant! I was actually trying to picture something just like this. The patch is so close to the muzzle that these would work perfectly. Are these the pullers that you created? I don’t know how I would make these but would love to buy something like those
No thems store bought for example to make one up. I had a hi tensile strength thin rod near wire size ( all most wire coat hanger thickness ). And made the needle point on one end and a cork screw like hook on the other ( not easy to bend with out heating it up.

The sharp end made like a pilot hole best i could and then screwed in the cork svrew end best i could if it felt i got a good hold id pull. At first i get bits at a time then finally got a good hold and it pulled out. Whew! I was glad too.

Ya, that was a i hope it dont happen again thing , but lesson was my paych puller cleaning string( home made patch worm ) i now went with a strong nylon harness thread and any fraying or somthing i make a new one ..lol that good harness thread dont give it up so easy ..

I learned more then one thing from that oops that day ..

Experience is golden 😇

Reactions: Olewaylon
Point it in a safe direction and pull the trigger. Whoever told you it could blow a seal failed math.

ha ha -.png

If a guy could safely shoot 500+psi down the barrel that could do it.. using my normal compressor 120 or what ever psi it is did not budge mine out..
I didn’t mean to give the idea of using a standard shop compressor meant for air tools, that’s why I said use it shot out from a fill tank, assuming the OP has a SCBA fill tank, of course.

Point it in a safe direction and pull the trigger. Whoever told you it could blow a seal failed math.

View attachment 315724
Can you please explain? This is my first PCP and I’m a bit ignorant on the sensitivities surrounding the seals. Definitely seems like the easiest route to go if there is unlikely to be damage to the seal.

I’m tempted to buy this product and fit it in the end of my Tipton Carbon Fiber rod. Looks like it could do the trick.
That may work when there's no air in the tank for you to pull the trigger and solve the problem instantly. The barrel will experience less pressure shooting the patch out than firing a pellet so it's a no brainer.

Thing is the store bought stuff like that puller , will it fit in the barrel? .22 and up maybe a good chance you find somthing to get down inside . Like me as i said im not going to be lucke enough to have it at the ends its going to be stuck smack in the middle..lol. Thats why with that .177 it was make my own thing.. seems anything under .22 is non-existent.

Ya, that stuck patch a s a thing and hope never happens again. But if so im a bit smarter and prepared now. You know that experience thing .😜