FX Help with FX Rifle Repairs....Desperate!

Hello all, I was wondering if anybody out there can help me out.

I own 7 FX Air Rifles. I am having problems with two of rifles at the present time.

One is FX Revolution and the other is a FX Monsoon. Both guns were just resealed by a gunsmith that I have used for a very long time.

When I got the rifles back:

The Monsoon is holding air, but it has a slow leak.

The Revolution is holding air, but it will only work in single shot mode, not the semi-auto mode.

My Gunsmith told me he can't resolve the problems. He even sent the Revolution to one of FX's Repairs Center and they sent it back without even looking at it. Stating they don't work on older FX rifles!

So right now, I have two very expensive paper weights.

I have contacted all three of the repair stations that FX has listed on their website and all three of them told me "THEY DON"T WORK ON OLDER FX GUNS".

My last resort was to contact FX in Sweeden and sent them a very lengthy email explaining my situation. I just received an email back from them with a list of trouble shooting options and diagram and parts lists which I already have.

That Doesn't Help! I am 80 years old and can no longer work on any of my rifles.

Does anyone know of any Repair Shop, Air gun Smith or Individual that can help me out?

Any information that you can send my way would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking,

Stu Gabriel (Mrgun)
[email protected]

Older guns will need to be reseal. That means you have to replace all the o rings. Pcp don't last forget. They need to be service once every 2-3 years. The thing with owning pcp is you have to know how to work on your gun. If you don't or aren't comfortable I would suggest getting firearm instead. They do not use o rings and will last much longer. Ppl tend to always send there guns in for repair. I think this is an bad idea cause like you said, older guns they will not work on. So what happens when your guns are older and these services don't service it anymore? You are fawwk. That's why I suggest learning how to work on your guns. Learn how they operate, how to disassemble and reassemble them. Lean where all the o rings are. Learn how to reseal the regulators. Etc.

I saw Utah Airguns has a huge selection of used air rifles and I think every one of them is an FX. That tells me they are high maintenance, or just overhyped. My point being that Airmanator
made a great point of learning how to work on your own rifles. I am GUILTY of not knowing how to take apart my air rifles fully apart, cleaning them, and changing all the O-Rings. I would LOVE to learn, and I've successfully upgraded my Umarex Gauntlet to the Hajimoto upgrade which is really cool by the way, and that's the most I've ever done. Truth is, I'm scared because these are not toys, but rule number one when working on them is to empty the air tank to zero for safety, and always wear eye protection.

I used to have to take my bass guitars to the shop for set ups, etc and I learned how to do it myself and have saved a TON of money. So, next is air rifles. Just to send in an air rifle is about $200, then you have to add all the requested services on top of that.

I wish you the best of luck and hopefully I'll learn sooner than later.

Older guns will need to be reseal. That means you have to replace all the o rings. Pcp don't last forget. They need to be service once every 2-3 years. The thing with owning pcp is you have to know how to work on your gun. If you don't or aren't comfortable I would suggest getting firearm instead. They do not use o rings and will last much longer. Ppl tend to always send there guns in for repair. I think this is an bad idea cause like you said, older guns they will not work on. So what happens when your guns are older and these services don't service it anymore? You are fawwk. That's why I suggest learning how to work on your guns. Learn how they operate, how to disassemble and reassemble them. Lean where all the o rings are. Learn how to reseal the regulators. Etc.
Airmantor, thanks for your input. I understand what you are saying but I am 80 years old and don't have hands or eyesight to work on my air rifles. I understand that all of my Air Rifles are older models, but all of them have been well maintained, serviced and seals replaced when needed. This time around I brought 5 guns in to have the seals replaced and only got 2 back working. This is the first time this has happened over the past 30 years. My collection of Air Guns can be viewed on my website. Check it out atMrgunsplace.com and let me know what you think. Right now, I need an Air Gun Smith that is willing to work on my PCP rifles. My main problem is that none of the Service Stations on the FX website would not even take the time to look at them. Again, thank you for the information. Regards Stu Gabriel (MrGun)

You might want to email Ernst Rowe. His website is:

Ernest Rowe . com

In my opinion, he is a FX guru.

Take care, Bernie.
I doubt Ernst will personally work on someone's gun even thought he have experience in fx gun. He isn't the guy to help anyone person with service their gun. He is more of a gun who likes to fine tune his own guns and come up with new ways to improve fx guns.
Airmantor, thanks for your input. I understand what you are saying but I am 80 years old and don't have hands or eyesight to work on my air rifles. I understand that all of my Air Rifles are older models, but all of them have been well maintained, serviced and seals replaced when needed. This time around I brought 5 guns in to have the seals replaced and only got 2 back working. This is the first time this has happened over the past 30 years. My collection of Air Guns can be viewed on my website. Check it out atMrgunsplace.com and let me know what you think. Right now, I need an Air Gun Smith that is willing to work on my PCP rifles. My main problem is that none of the Service Stations on the FX website would not even take the time to look at them. Again, thank you for the information. Regards Stu Gabriel (MrGun)
Wish fx usa was still in business. Someone there fawwk it up for everyone by stealing money from the company to pay for his and his wife expenses. That's why fx usa was shut down. The only official usa dealer now is utahairgun. Might want to try giving them a call and see if they will service older fx guns.

I saw Utah Airguns has a huge selection of used air rifles and I think every one of them is an FX. That tells me they are high maintenance, or just overhyped. My point being that Airmanator
made a great point of learning how to work on your own rifles. I am GUILTY of not knowing how to take apart my air rifles fully apart, cleaning them, and changing all the O-Rings. I would LOVE to learn, and I've successfully upgraded my Umarex Gauntlet to the Hajimoto upgrade which is really cool by the way, and that's the most I've ever done. Truth is, I'm scared because these are not toys, but rule number one when working on them is to empty the air tank to zero for safety, and always wear eye protection.

I used to have to take my bass guitars to the shop for set ups, etc and I learned how to do it myself and have saved a TON of money. So, next is air rifles. Just to send in an air rifle is about $200, then you have to add all the requested services on top of that.

I wish you the best of luck and hopefully I'll learn sooner than later.
mb94952, Thanks for your reply. I understand what you are saying. The reason Utah Airguns has so many Used and New FX Guns is because they are now the Exclusive importer of all FX guns for the entire county. And they are the number one Repair Center for FX. The reason I am so Frustrated is that my Gunsmith sent my Revolution out to them to see if they could fix the problem, where he could not. The sent it back and said we don't work on older FX guns. DAH!. So, you can see why I am so Frustrated. Again, thanks for your reply. Regards Stu Gabriel (MrGun)

Reactions: mb94952
My suggestion is Cape Fear Airguns. Newman Buck is amazing. He sticks with a challenge until it is resolved. Had a slow leak in my Panthera, and he went through it with a fine tooth comb. He persevered and got it right. https://www.capefearairguns.com/
BBRemedy thanks for your response. I have sent an email and found their phone number. I called and I am waiting to hear back from them so I can see if they can help me out. I really hope he can. Again, thanks for your response. Regards Stu Gabriel (MrGun)

Buy a can of CRC Leak detector. Chances are your gunsmith didn't tighten everything adequately. It doesn't take much to make a gun leak, but it could be so small that you couldn't find or hear it. Quite often, just not tightening the pressure gage enough or the air tank could be the culprit. Or you may have a regulator that's leaking which can be resealed easily. The leak detector can help here. Or if you are really cheap, make up some soapy water and try that. It won't hurt the gun.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. Curious if this is the company that previously was the main FX repair station in the US and gave it up? I did send them an email. Was surprised there was no number listed on the website to contact them? Again, I really appreciate the information. Regards Stu Gabriel (MrGun)
No!
Cape Fear Airguns was not the official FX warranty/repair/parts site in the U.S.
That was FX-USA
They are now closed as the result a a lawsuit brought against the U.S. operator of the company on fraud/embezzlement charges
I miss FX-USA badly
However, Newman Bucke, the owner operator of Cape Fear Airguns is touted to be an FX expert.
His shop is a one-man operation and is always busy I believe
I am told the best way to reach them is to send a text describing your needs and ask to schedule a phone call
Google should be able to find the phone number for you

Hope this helps
Edward

Hello all, I was wondering if anybody out there can help me out.

I own 7 FX Air Rifles. I am having problems with two of rifles at the present time.

One is FX Revolution and the other is a FX Monsoon. Both guns were just resealed by a gunsmith that I have used for a very long time.

When I got the rifles back:

The Monsoon is holding air, but it has a slow leak.

The Revolution is holding air, but it will only work in single shot mode, not the semi-auto mode.

My Gunsmith told me he can't resolve the problems. He even sent the Revolution to one of FX's Repairs Center and they sent it back without even looking at it. Stating they don't work on older FX rifles!

So right now, I have two very expensive paper weights.

I have contacted all three of the repair stations that FX has listed on their website and all three of them told me "THEY DON"T WORK ON OLDER FX GUNS".

My last resort was to contact FX in Sweeden and sent them a very lengthy email explaining my situation. I just received an email back from them with a list of trouble shooting options and diagram and parts lists which I already have.

That Doesn't Help! I am 80 years old and can no longer work on any of my rifles.

Does anyone know of any Repair Shop, Air gun Smith or Individual that can help me out?

Any information that you can send my way would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking,

Stu Gabriel (Mrgun)
[email protected]
Hello Stu
I sent you a PM last night
Edward

BBRemedy thanks for your response. I have sent an email and found their phone number. I called and I am waiting to hear back from them so I can see if they can help me out. I really hope he can. Again, thanks for your response. Regards Stu Gabriel (MrGun)
Please pm me if you have luck hearing back from Newman. Thanks man.