Hercules bully 200bar?

Hello. roughly 3 year ago i bought a an hatsan hercules bully .30. Shot with it only a few times and yesterday i was shooting with it again and had some fun. i still have some questions tho, and hope someone here can tell me more.
i wonder if i need to fill it to 200 or 250 bar. i read online that i can fill till 250 bar but the manometer on mine goes to 200bar in green and then till 250 in the red(see pic) it seem different then the pics i see from the internet so i was a bit worried to fill it up to 250. anyone an idea why that is? also i noticed the screw is very rusty, should i replace it? thanks :)

Naamloos.png

photo_2022-12-28_23-54-12.jpg

photo_2022-12-29_18-26-58.jpg

On the side of the action it says the max fill which I believe is 230 bar.

If you’re the original owner and it was bought new your gun was in a wet environment at one point for that screw to rust, or you live in a moist environment that’ll happen also.

I switched all my fasteners on my bully to stainless so no worries of that happening
hey, thanks for your reply.

Well i didnt buy it new, i have a friend who bought it and i joined him a few times shooting and then he told me he wanted to sell it. so then i bought it from him. i asked him about the nanometer and he said he didnt do anything with the gun apart from shooting a few times and this is how it came to him.

on the side it says max fill 250 bar. but on the meter that is in the deep reds (in contrast to the pictures on the web) seems like there is a different meter in mine, also thats the only screw thats rusty, so it seems like the meter has been replaced. well i guess i can still fill it up to 250bar?

Yes.
In the meantime contact Hatsan, tell them how you inherited the gun and ask for a new, correct bully gage. They may just send it to you free of charge. You have to contact Hatsan thru their hatsanusa web page and fill out the customer service form, then follow up with emails.

If your buddy didn’t give it to you with the gun, order a complete seal kit also, as that came with the gun along with a sling and 3 mags

thanks very much for you reply.

i do have 3 mags, i dont have a sling and a seal kit. i tried contact lpsportwapens(store when the bully was bough in the first place) but they had no mail or whatsapp. so i called them, but i got a lady on the line who didnt even know what a hercules bully was. seemed like she thought i was talking about a greek god bullying people. Do you think i need to contact hatsan or do airgun shops sell those items to? im not from usa so not sure if hatsanusa is the right place to get in touch with them.

Found this old thread regarding the 25 cal bully. The sizes that come in the o ring kit are listed. Pay attention as the first number given on this list appears to be the thickness, and the second number the inside dimension, all in metric.

When you go to an o ring store online(I personally like oringsandmore.com) the first number given is the ID, second number the thickness. Most all these o rings are of durometer 70 rating, in nitrile(black in color, also referred to as buna 70)

I did a snap shot of that list on the thread and show that the last set of o rings in white, those are typically polyurethane o rings in durometer 90. Very resistant to abrasion

Lastly, since this list is for a 25 caliber, the o ring inside the barrel that the pellet probe seals to, is the 5th one down the list, which calls out for (7 of) 1.5 thickness x 6.35 ID. You will need to order the ID for your 30 caliber. There’s probably a reason there are 7 of these as it may also be possibly used on the fill probe, so order these along with the ones for your 30 cal which would be 7.5mm ID x 1.5mm thickness.
Here you go, sir

736AB335-E78E-4C5E-8CF2-41EDB85CC686.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s a couple of my old threads on my bully 30 cal-

I have quite a few gauges on guns that are OK to fill to 250 BAR and higher that have red markings on them over 200 BAR. I think that the makers put that on there more as an indication that you are going into higher pressure territory, rather than meaning you are OVER pressure. Another thing to consider is that most smaller, inexpensive gauges are not very accurate. Every cheap gauge I have on sub $1500 guns is off in one direction or another when compared to a known accurate one. That's why I don't fill guns based on the gauge on it unless I know it is reading correctly. I use the larger, easier to read and verified gauge on my air source. You can buy better gauges for all your guns, but I decided that buying just two high quality, easy to read gauges was a lot easier and less expensive. One on my tank and one on my compressor.