Here is the Most Accurate Pistol you can buy: the 2023 Evanix AR6-P

And how would one know that it is the most accurate pistol that one can buy, UNLESS, he has tried every one made? Personally I am not into nor doubt that I will be in the PCP game. Only springers and SSP types. I have an IZH 46m, and a FWB 80 on the way and it will be interesting to compare. Also have a HW 75 and a couple of old Daisy 747's, but that's only a sprinkling of what is out there in those types.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
This new Evanix semy auto pistol .. got my attention ...177 - 22 - 25..
Screenshot_20230111-232034_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: Coolhand
Guns, depending on what they're equipped with will have different balancing points. As well as different reciprocating masses (hammer). The less hammer mass, the less the gun is affect by its start and stop travel. Which is why real target pistols employ lightweight hammers and lightweight hammer springs. As well as heavier barrels sometimes. (and for other reasons) Position of the hammer in the gun (forward, rearward, height) all affect how the gun acts when fired. This is a relatively small affect. But the worst gun I have regarding this is my 2 pp800's. They have heavy rifle hammers, and where they are positioned in the gun seems to be rather disruptive. This can be compensated by balancing the gun out. Different weight optics positioned forward or rearward or different weight/length moderators. Here is what my 177 pp800 looks like in its most balanced config (also has a lightened hammer). The moderator is from huma and can be configured at various lengths. In 20mm or 40mm incriments. More or less weight on the end of the gun. Hold will also affect how a gun behaves when fired, and hold can compensate for any imbanace as well. But it's better to balance a gun first, and just use a normal hold.View attachment 321132
Thank you LGD for the glimpse further into the rabbit hole. It shows that there is much more for me to learn. I would imagine that forward inertia from hammer action affects precision and accuracy more while free hand shooting versus supported position. Would balance be more important over hammer action? Am I thinking along a correct line? Sorry for taking so long on responding. I have been buried with prep work on prototype data for the Shot Show. Thanks again for the feedback. B

Well, if you look at bech rest guns, the heavier the better, but you do want it to be balanced. For a pistol this more has to do with free-hand but can help in any scenario. Just by shooting the gun, you can feel how it reacts when fired. Try adding weight to the front, see if it responds better, add weight to the rear if need be. Some people put heavy metals in the grips, or a rear mounted optic can help, but this is determined by the guns overall balance. The main issue with a lot of guns being when the hammer starts to travel, it will push off of the rear of the gun, and can bring the muzzle up some before the valve is struck. Stiff trigger break can also induce disturbances to the gun as well.

The pp800 below has a hammer system similar to what you are shooting. Heavy, with an even heavier spring. The positioning of the hammer in the gun doesn't seem to be well though out, because it does disturb the gun quite a bit when fired. To help stabilize and hold the muzzle down during shot cycle I have a rather large moderator on it. Some of this can be compensated for with hold as well. It also doesn't help the gun is very light by its self.

PSX_20220917_220719.jpg

This one tends to get muzzle drop when fired if equipped with a lighter optic and lighter grips. I have very dense ebony wood grips, and a heavier optic that adds weight toward the rear of the gun. Extremely stable off-hand, and also very heavy.
img_1_1635448294435.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MRaccurate
I keep running across this thread. In reality I think about the only way to test the absolute accuracy would be to mount one of the pistols in something like a Ransom rest, a device where you mount a pistol or revolver to test for accuracy and give a precision zero. It has been years since I have seen anything about them but I think you remove the guns grips to secure thee gun in the rest, which can actually rotate, I think, under tension to compensate for recoil.

Even to say which is the most accurate would require having a specimen of every gun available to test, would be expensive and very time consuming.

I keep running across this thread. In reality I think about the only way to test the absolute accuracy would be to mount one of the pistols in something like a Ransom rest, a device where you mount a pistol or revolver to test for accuracy and give a precision zero. It has been years since I have seen anything about them but I think you remove the guns grips to secure thee gun in the rest, which can actually rotate, I think, under tension to compensate for recoil.

Even to say which is the most accurate would require having a specimen of every gun available to test, would be expensive and very time consuming.
Is it the gun that is accurate? Or is it the sight? Or the ammo? Or is it the operator? Probably all components are the correct answer. I have seen an experienced machinist run a junk lathe and produce exceptional parts and vice versus with new machines and poor operators. Point to ponder: the best machines were made on machines that weren't the best. Sounds like we have a lot of really good operators on this site that are searching for better equipment to match their skills. I like to see what ideas and solutions they keep coming up with.

Is it the gun that is accurate? Or is it the sight? Or the ammo? Or is it the operator? Probably all components are the correct answer. I have seen an experienced machinist run a junk lathe and produce exceptional parts and vice versus with new machines and poor operators. Point to ponder: the best machines were made on machines that weren't the best. Sounds like we have a lot of really good operators on this site that are searching for better equipment to match their skills. I like to see what ideas and solutions they keep coming up with.

That's why I said you need to mount the gun in something like a Ransom rest, at least you eliminate operator variable. Then yes you probably should test with different types of ammo, but with the verity of pellets available in any given caliber, this would be an almost impossible task to accomplish.

Most of us will never know what is the most accurate gun is, just buy a quality piece then try some different pellets and see what we like. I am getting more into pistols, and the variable is me, I like to shoot bullseye style, standing up one handed, and honestly cannot tell a lot of difference between a tuned Crosman 22xx type CO2 gun, good trigger and sights, a IZH 46m or my new FWB 80. I do a bit better with the IZH as the trigger is just a little better.

I agree that the operator is the weakest link. Can you explain the shot cycle dynamics? I am working on a simpler sight for new shooters that builds their skills quicker, easier and at a lower cost. I have focused on and solved the issues of close range targeting for new shooters. I have very few high-priced pistols. I have focused on the low-cost entry level guns that new shooters would use. I have had good luc
For me it is trigger pull consistency that results in the best groups. Alot of that may have to do with trigger quality and tuning.