Hill mk4 hand pump converted to hand booster pump

The shop compressor I'm only running it on the input 40 psi max I don't even really get near that I'm 100% sure it will handle the pressure. But I do appreciate everybody concerns lots of good people on the forum that care about each other.

Which makes sense mathematically. 40 vs 14~ psi (assuming sea level vs me at 5280 ft) is basically 2.8x difference, which means you need 2.8x less pumps, based on the video that lines up.

I'd still much prefer 110 far easier pumps than 30 much more difficult pumps in a form that with my height is very awkward to do, and your video proved how awkward the motions must be and how real the struggle is if you're dancing around every stroke.

Still cool, but for all reasons mentioned I personally wouldn't partake, that includes filling a plastic housing with 40 psi that you are not sure was designed for anything more than 2-3x atmospheric, its a gamble, a gamble that hardly pays off in my view, but if you feel safe and feel the fewer more strenuous pumps is better, I see no reason to condemn, just not something I'd do nor advise most do.

Hand pumping is more cardio work out with higher frequency low strain pumps.

-Matt

Reactions: anonymous_.457
Which makes sense mathematically. 40 vs 14~ psi (assuming sea level vs me at 5280 ft) is basically 2.8x difference, which means you need 2.8x less pumps, based on the video that lines up.

I'd still much prefer 110 far easier pumps than 30 much more difficult pumps in a form that with my height is very awkward to do, and your video proved how awkward the motions must be and how real the struggle is if you're dancing around every stroke.

Still cool, but for all reasons mentioned I personally wouldn't partake, that includes filling a plastic housing with 40 psi that you are not sure was designed for anything more than 2-3x atmospheric, its a gamble, a gamble that hardly pays off in my view, but if you feel safe and feel the fewer more strenuous pumps is better, I see no reason to condemn, just not something I'd do nor advise most do.

Hand pumping is more cardio work out with higher frequency low strain pumps.

-Matt
Yeah I like the way it's setup for boosting it's fun to me I'm only 120 pounds too lol that's why I have to jump on it haha. But I believe it took my marauder from 1900 psi to 3000 psi in like just 13 pumps

Yeah I like the way it's setup for boosting it's fun to me I'm only 120 pounds too lol that's why I have to jump on it haha. But I believe it took my marauder from 1900 psi to 3000 psi in like just 13 pumps

I feel ya, I am only 140 lbs so hand pumping is not as simple as 'let your weight fall onto it by bending your knees'...I would need to wear a 40 lb chain necklace for that :ROFLMAO:

14 pumps got you to 2500 psi...34ish to 3k. I counted in the video. Definitely not 13 pumps lol. Even if I counted 1 stroke as 2, that would be over 13, but its clear when you complete a stroke based on the sound produced and your dance moves :p

-Matt

I feel ya, I am only 140 lbs so hand pumping is not as simple as 'let your weight fall onto it by bending your knees'...I would need to wear a 40 lb chain necklace for that :ROFLMAO:

14 pumps got you to 2500 psi...34ish to 3k. I counted in the video. Definitely not 13 pumps lol. Even if I counted 1 stroke as 2, that would be over 13, but its clear when you complete a stroke based on the sound produced and your dance moves :p

-Matt
Lmao.. ok so it wasn't 13 pumps my bad there but still from 1900 psi to 2500 psi is still pretty good I got a big 80 gallon shop compressor that has way more scfm than the one in the video so it will make it fill even more faster I'll get results when I use it too.

My concern was NOT the plastic but the petroleum molecules in the HPA tank in the gun. The compressors that use a conventional compressor to boost the HPA unit indicates using a dry unit ( oil free ). There is a safety reason for that. YMMV ! ¡ ! B.
Yes sir. My shop compressor is oil free so there shouldn't be a issue there

Reactions: Bandito
Lmao.. ok so it wasn't 13 pumps my bad there but still from 1900 psi to 2500 psi is still pretty good I got a big 80 gallon shop compressor that has way more scfm than the one in the video so it will make it fill even more faster I'll get results when I use it too.

Next step, a lever for leverage on each stroke, mount the base of the pump and then decrease your work needed ten fold!

-Matt

Where would the lever mount? Maybe foot pump it?

The pump would need to be stationary/mounted or heavily weighed down to remove your body weight from the equation, then the lever would attach to the handle and ideally a fixed position above probably some where in the middle of the stroke, I am not a lever expert, maybe 1/4 or 1/3 from bottom may be more favorable for leverage on the down stroke as that is where the leverage is needed, opposed to in the middle of the stroke which would be best for both assistance in both directions.

Wherever the lever is fixed to, it would have to be able to handle the load this leverage creates, as well as the lever, which is beyond my guess without fully diving in with schematics ect.

-Matt

Here is a simple picture of a lever pump, just be aware that you will have a significantly longer stroke.

Screenshot_20240814_151723.jpg

Bottom B pivot bolted to ground as well as the bottom of pump feet. Top of pump handle bolted to pivot at A. Depending on how long the lever arm is will determine how hard or easily it pumps. However it will most likely be a lever up over your head with your arms extended fully.

Allen

Here is a simple picture of a lever pump, just be aware that you will have a significantly longer stroke.

View attachment 488463
Bottom B pivot bolted to ground as well as the bottom of pump feet. Top of pump handle bolted to pivot at A. Depending on how long the lever arm is will determine how hard or easily it pumps. However it will most likely be a lever up over your head with your arms extended fully.

Allen
Thanks for the diagram