RAW Rapid HM1000x .177 100 yd BR match

Shot another 100 yard EBR style match yesterday in the whirlywinds of Sparta Wisconsin with 10 of my other shooting friends. I used my RAW HM1000x rifle in .177 caliber prepared by the man, Martin Rutterford of Airguns-USA. At last months match, the winds were fairly calm and variable, but I really wanted to see if this gun could compete with all the other Impacts, Crowns, Red Pandas, and BRKs mostly in 30 caliber. The weather was more typical: 78 degrees, 5-18 MPH gusty winds which seemed to change direction every 25 yards. I shot 3 relays and qualified for the finals. My scores were 175, 179, and 193, but the other folks were just the same. There were no 220 -230 scores like last month. The point of all this is that caliber doesn't seem to be so important because all of these rifles were capable of being competitive regardless of caliber. I had to leave a little early due to family obligations, but I think the winner used a Crown M2 in 22 caliber with a score of 190 in the final round using pellets, no less. I won't say who it was, but he always drags this gun out at the last minute and wins with it.

Impressive!
Being able to shoot that caliber in wind definitely reflects your ability and tune of your rifle.
When i saw your last post, i commented to myself that you had ideal wind, and it resulted in an impressive score
Seems like you held your own in winds, though it is hard to tell when there is little to compare..but if winning final score was 190..you were doing REALLY good..and against .30 cals..Nice!
Excellent shooting @jps2486 and kudos to Martin
Mike

Shot another 100 yard EBR style match yesterday in the whirlywinds of Sparta Wisconsin with 10 of my other shooting friends. I used my RAW HM1000x rifle in .177 caliber prepared by the man, Martin Rutterford of Airguns-USA. At last months match, the winds were fairly calm and variable, but I really wanted to see if this gun could compete with all the other Impacts, Crowns, Red Pandas, and BRKs mostly in 30 caliber. The weather was more typical: 78 degrees, 5-18 MPH gusty winds which seemed to change direction every 25 yards. I shot 3 relays and qualified for the finals. My scores were 175, 179, and 193, but the other folks were just the same. There were no 220 -230 scores like last month. The point of all this is that caliber doesn't seem to be so important because all of these rifles were capable of being competitive regardless of caliber. I had to leave a little early due to family obligations, but I think the winner used a Crown M2 in 22 caliber with a score of 190 in the final round using pellets, no less. I won't say who it was, but he always drags this gun out at the last minute and wins with it.
To say Martin is the man when it comes to setting up a RAW especially .177, may well be an understatement! I’ve had the pleasure recently to shot one of his creations both in one of his custom stocks and one in a chasis stock. Both superbly accurate, solid, and one of the best if not the best trigger on any airgun made.

To say Martin is the man when it comes to setting up a RAW especially .177, may well be an understatement! I’ve had the pleasure recently to shot one of his creations both in one of his custom stocks and one in a chasis stock. Both superbly accurate, solid, and one of the best if not the best trigger on any airgun made.
+1 on that trigger.

Reactions: Ranchibi
Excellent shooting great to see your showing what the 177 can do. I went out today and took my 22 lr to see how close they were in the wind. It was calm for a bit but the winds really picked up and were switching alot but the 177 out of the ghost kept up with the 22 with just a bit more push. Last 5 shot group at 100 with 177 was a 10-3, 9 and a 8. Pretty impressive when you have the right barrel!