American Air Arms Hm1000x fps.

i just got my raw hm1000x back together, it running 920 with a 15.89 pellet. Accuracy phenomenal.seems like a decent place to leave it. Most of my shooting is 60 yds. Or less for rabbits squirrels,woodchuck. This my first raw im happy so far.
kent
You should be good with that speed the thing i would do is switch to 18 grain i think you might like it more

Reactions: Ranchibi
More trouble, in imperceptible slowwwwww leak😬l can fill it & shoot it but the remaining air will be just about gone next morning. One question, does the disc that tightens up the hammer in the back need to be screwed in all the way till it bottoms out?my first experience with maintaining this rifle. I’ve not done anything with the bottle, might this be the culprit? I do have replacement orings for the bottle. Any advice welcome as usual.
renman
kent

Kent, the Hammer spring adjuster on the back of the receiver does just that, adjusts the HS tension and has no sealing needs. Your leak is coming from somewhere else, hopefully somewhere easy like the bottle o'ring but you need to know where or send it to Martin (owner of RAW, Airguns-USA) or Motorhead (here on AGN) for a complete reseal.
I got to orings, can I fix it?

I got to orings, can I fix it?
Bhaur here has a vdieo on a breakdown of sorts for a RAW, check it out. You might be able to find a full service video googling it. These are one of the simpler platforms to work on if you have experience with high pressure pcp's that is. These PCP's have very high pressure air that can be very dangerous FYI. So you definitely need to know what you are dealing with before starting. I know how to work/service PCP's but I still send my RAW to Martin for servicing as he is the one who built it and has built many thousands.

Last edited:
Reactions: rsfrid
These rifles are extremely easy to work on and service. There are a few really good sites that break down about everything on them for you.

I am shooting my HM1000x in 22 at 950 fps, while shooting a 30 grain slug. Has been extremely accurate and fun to shoot against the powder guys.
Woogie-man , yeah not having trouble getting it apart, I got the o rings. I haven’t found a site with complete info on takedown/ maintenance, believe me I’ve been looking. I put a new o ring on the bottle still a tiny leak. i didn’t replace the black Delvin part that pushes up against the brass valve. Can you post the link for the sites you mentioned..
renman
kent

This is the site I used to when I started on the theoben line. There are a few differences, but not many.

I would take everything down and swap all the seals just to be sure everything is fine. On mine I typically find that it is either the gauge or the foster fitting. Typically a little torque on the part seals things up. Just don't go gorilla nuts as it isn't needed.

Reactions: Ranchibi

This is the site I used to when I started on the theoben line. There are a few differences, but not many.

I would take everything down and swap all the seals just to be sure everything is fine. On mine I typically find that it is either the gauge or the foster fitting. Typically a little torque on the part seals things up. Just don't go gorilla nuts as it isn't needed.
Thanks
renman

Reactions: woogie_man
Hm1000x still leaking. Far as the soapy bubbles show leaks from valve plug disc & regulator disc. Regulator rebuilt by Martin. New o rings from raw, I spun the valve shaft it’s running true, new delrin valve poppit. Brass valve body looks ok no nicks or damage, inside same. All springs original, but look ok . Squeaky clean, parts inspected with a 10x loupe. Blown out with air. Assembled with smidge of food grade silicone, leaks. Assembled dry, leaks. O ring seats inspected no burrs or other imperfections. Is this normal or some kind of o ring lottery? I know i could send it in then wouldn’t know just what the problem was. Is there some trick or other peculiarity I’m missing ? Any insights appreciated. Hm1000x , manufactured 2019 .22
kent