hog hunt n bust

Man I have got to get me a pcp,
Friend of mine has a small hobby corn field he planted to supply his deer feeders this season, he called me yesterday morning spitting nails mad because the hogs where tearing the corn up.
So I grabbed my crossbow and 22 np trail in hopes of getting one close enough to pop em between the eyes.
About three AM I hear a chuff and start looking
Big old black boar about 40 yards just outside my light.
I keep still and see if maybe he might come closer...
Nope he keeps just outside that range, its to darn dark to get a good scope view and I cant get his orientation to make a clean shot.
Well he finely gets close enough for a bow shot and miss right over his shoulder.

"Willie14228"Man I have got to get me a pcp,
Friend of mine has a small hobby corn field he planted to supply his deer feeders this season, he called me yesterday morning spitting nails mad because the hogs where tearing the corn up.
So I grabbed my crossbow and 22 np trail in hopes of getting one close enough to pop em between the eyes.
About three AM I hear a chuff and start looking
Big old black boar about 40 yards just outside my light.
I keep still and see if maybe he might come closer...
Nope he keeps just outside that range, its to darn dark to get a good scope view and I cant get his orientation to make a clean shot.
Well he finely gets close enough for a bow shot and miss right over his shoulder.

Best of luck Willie. Do post the pics of the hog hunt. Very interested to see a crossbow hog hunt.