holoson 507c red vs green

thats what i was wondering as well glad you mentioned that thanks

I have 2020 and still pick up on green reticle quicker. But for guys with eye issues, green is their choice.

You could also look at the 507 models whoch are offered in K and C, both in green. The 507 model gives you a solar feature in addition to battery. The price does jump to mid 350s though. The PB guys lean towards the 507 in most instances.

Before you go and buy a Holosun for accuracy, check out this video on it being parallax free. I found the Holosun HS507C-2X to not be very accurate because of the parallax error, if not placing the eye directly behind the gun. And found this video after my discovery.

In this case it might be unit to unite variance concerning the parallax error. Also all of those RD's had parallax error to some degree. Everyone strives to put the dot in or near the center of the FOV because it looks right and doing this eliminates most parallax error.

Even shooting fast with my pistols the dot will be close to middle before I touch off the shot. Basically I'll say for me it's a non issue.

I've had a few Prism type sights before and if I felt like I wanted a RD-ish sight that I wanted all parallax error dialed out totally via side focus I'd use a Prism sight instead. Athlon used to make them but I haven't looked for one in years so I don't know if they still carry them.

I’ll play contrarian.. slight astigmatism, bought into the hype that a green dot is better. Not true for me. My astigmatism is so slight that the lowest angular correcting contact they make overcorrects by half, so I’m stuck. Anyway, both dot colors like stars or asterisks to me. At face value the green dot might seem slightly easier to pick up, maybe brighter or crisper, but in real shooting scenarios it actually is too visually distracting. A red dot with both eyes open results in faster, more accurate rounds on target. I’ve played with various brightness settings, in various ambient lighting conditions, and it just bears out that red works better for me. Sorry to throw that wrench in the works, but felt the need to mention that there are very few absolutes when it comes to optics being viewed by different sets of eyes. Also, depending on host weapon and intended use, you might want to research closed emitter styles as well.

Reactions: 88turbocoupe
basically, wanted this for my new Huban gk1 .22 for target shooting
don't really want to put a scope on
what other option would there be?

i did buy a new holoson 507c x2 gr just looking for a mount for it now
was hoping to find an aluminum one vs 3d printed

hopefully this works out
I have a good friend that paired his GK1 with the Holosun 507-C based on my recommendation. He found that at the age of 82 his eyes would not accommodate shooting at 25 yards without some magnification. He went with a Bug buster scope , I sold the Holosun for him and now he is a happy camper. On a side note , I run a Holosun 507-K on my rimfire pistol and am very satisfied with it. Yep..........I got the green one. Love it.

Reactions: 88turbocoupe