Homemade PCP receiver

But why? When you can do it in less passes and have the proper radius at both ends.
If you need a "perfect" radius at each end, then drill (or plunge with endmill) to establish those ends. Any full-width endmill will cut at least slightly oversize, regardless of the number of flutes.

GsT

I had a little time today so I got going on the trigger & firing switch. Had my reservations about the feel of a microswitch trigger, I thought that it would have the same feel as just pushing two spring loaded contact points together, ie. you wouldn't have an idea exactly when it was going to break, so I went down all kinds of rabbit holes thinking of a cam on the trigger that would have a plunger drop into a detent, hitting the switch, clean break deal... OCD bah blah. Anyway, switch came in & the more I pushed it the more I realized that it does have some kind of break system, it actually pops quite cleanly. So for now I decided to just have the trigger push directly onto the switch & I am happy with it. In the pics I'm trying to just show the slot I cut into the top of the trigger guard, without showing how raggedy it is: I used a 4 flute end mill again, don't want you guys yelling at me! I took some pics of the making of the trigger blade, then I deleted them all, it was an ugly affair, I'm talking portaband/Dremel/file/belt grinder... You know when politicians mess up real bad & start using phrases such as "lessons have been learnt" & "let us forge a NEW path, TOGETHER"... yeah it was that bad. Anyways it's in & it works. The slot in the trigger blade isn't for looks, I am still leaning towards a tactile switch as an extra safety measure (ala Glock trigger style, albeit electronic: no pushy trigger button, no shooty).

Trigger 1.jpg

Trigger 2.jpg

Trigger 3.jpg