Homemade projects

What a fun old thread, I must have missed it. Lots of fun targets and interesting stuff.
Here’s a shooting gallery spinner target I made.
I wanted to have many things to shoot to see if I could “ run the target without a miss “
It’s too hard for no missing, but really fun.

View attachment 288132

View attachment 288133
What is the bowl for? Does it ring when struck and if so, is it attached or just set there?

What is the bowl for? Does it ring when struck and if so, is it attached or just set there?
It’s a bell, actually it’s called a hemisphere, I use them in my metal art projects.
They ring loud and clear, it’s set like that so when you shoot through the holes in front you hit the edge of the bell and get a nice ring.
There’s a rod holding it in place and it’s got a weep hole at the bottom so it doesn’t hold water.

Reactions: Hal4son
I like bells, so have made a variety with all kinds of things that ring. Nothing classy so I'm not posting pics but I thought this might be of interest.
View attachment 288112
It's a training aid for me for offhand and some FT practice from 30 yds or so. I made some sear type latches and when you shoot through the hole, the flag will latch. It's reset by shooting the upper right disc or pulling the string. The box captures a good bit of the lead. The right 2 holes are 1/2" down to 5/16" on the left. It latches pretty well from 5 ft lb up to about 20 ft lb. It's one of my favorite and most challenging targets.

Nice projects posted so far... enjoyable thread.
Bob
I would like some pictures of your mechanism if you wouldnt mind thanks