how do you disassemble a PP700 Air Tube

1568392913_1227469075d7bc6d1d0ff49.79504247_B09087EB-B844-429E-8BB9-F1AC3F1B0CC7.png
The factory reg isn’t in the tube. The only odd tool you will need besides metric hex wrenches is snap ring pliers. They are what I used to remove the thing that connects the reg to the air tube so I could remove the screw from the center of the white disc. Go to Huma’s site and read the instructions on how to install. You will still have questions so feel free to ask. It’s not that hard, just make sure you have all new quality orings to install before you start the job. The stock orings are junk.

DAY-UMMM!!! I wish I was that smart! This procedure requires a video for us dummies and club-fisted morons, so we can squeeze the full potential out of this little powerhouse. I'd especially like to know how to get the proper set/number of O-rings for replacement of the OEM Chinese recycled bicycle tire rubber O-rings in the 700.

This would be great knowledge when the 750 comes out. That's a "Must Have" gun, in my humble opinion.

Vet'...can you produce a video for us? I'd gladly send you $5.00, as would several others needing the same help to disassemble this gun, and make it perform as it has the potential to do so.

Ahhh...I dream on, and then I remember that people in hell also want ice water, as my mother used to tell me when I was young and asked for something!!!

Have a day...

Kindly 'Ol Uncle Hoot

How did he do that????

Thanks vetmx. for some reason I thought the reg was in the tube left of the silver piece that connects the air tube to regulator. I was hoping if I lower the velocity with the regulator to around 550 it may be quite enough for me. But I may be wasting time. I wanted a quiet pistol.

Talk about wasting time. I ordered a 1720T the other day but haven't shot it. When I open the 1720 box I realized its bigger than I thought. I probably would not ever be happy with the size..

thanks

The Huma will go in the tube. My PP700 is a .177. If I set it for 550fps, I get an insane amount of shots per fill. If you look at every topic in this pistol forum that has PP700 in the title, you will find a list of orings you need. I posted them for another guy who wanted a list of sizes. Don’t be nervous about taking it apart. You will not be abandoned when it comes to getting it back together and done right. 

DAY-UMMM!!! I wish I was that smart! This procedure requires a video for us dummies and club-fisted morons, so we can squeeze the full potential out of this little powerhouse. I'd especially like to know how to get the proper set/number of O-rings for replacement of the OEM Chinese recycled bicycle tire rubber O-rings in the 700.

This would be great knowledge when the 750 comes out. That's a "Must Have" gun, in my humble opinion.

Vet'...can you produce a video for us? I'd gladly send you $5.00, as would several others needing the same help to disassemble this gun, and make it perform as it has the potential to do so.

Ahhh...I dream on, and then I remember that people in hell also want ice water, as my mother used to tell me when I was young and asked for something!!!

Have a day...

Kindly 'Ol Uncle Hoot

How did he do that????

Beaker!!!! I remember him.

Yes, I left the oring out. You can notch the tube and notch the threads on the plug then just tighten things up but I chose not to alter parts on a gun that is difficult to get parts for. I just tightened the tube then backed it out until my fill probe was positioned where I like it. Once filled with air, the tube is tight. I bridged my reg by facing all my washers the same direction then tighten the reg screw snug. I then took the tiny screw out of the white disc making sure I didn't accidentally flip the disc. I put an oring in the reg where the white disc is. The oring should just fit inside the threads. I think its a 13mm oring. Now you center the white disc and screw the plug back on and I used snap ring pliers to tighten the plug.

Guys...I hear rumors that the PP 750 rights may be purchased by Diana. If so, we are probably looking at a $1,000+ pistol/carbine, with a Diana trademark on it.

The 700 performs SO FAR above it's price level that I just knew something bad would happen.

I knew the price would go up due to the improvements of multi-shot, built-in wire shoulder stock, and lever action...but I was hoping the price would just double. Not a chance in hell now...if Diana gets the design rights, SPA will make it and Diana will sell it at similar price levels of its other pcp pistols...and they ain't cheap!

Better hang onto those 700's you already have, they may not be produced after the 750 comes out. I'm certain Diana won't want the competition.

But then...we might get lucky!.......................NOT

Have a day...

Disgusted 'Ol Uncle Hoot 

"Hmmmm...I wonder if the fools were reading our posts???"

Well, I'm stuck.
1581287825_7845030215e408991780fa3.28372962_20200209_173302.jpg

Trying to put the Huma reg in the PP700S-A.
Got as far as the photo shows.

Now what? How do I get the part out that my finger is pointing to? 😊

The Huma instructions seem very clear.

They just seem to skip the part where I got stuck.....

And if you have any suggestions as to what to set the Huma to — I'd like to end up with about 12FPE (it's a .22).

BTW, no other mods done.

Thanks, guys. 👍🏼

Matthias

I've always had the barrel and shroud off when removing that part. I don't recall whether it has a hex opening on it's left side (as pictured) or not but I seem to recall that it just screws out of the silver part. Remove the barrel and shroud and you can unscrew it with a strap wrench. 4 screws then hold the silver part to the body if I recall correctly. Haven't had mine apart for a very long time.

I have found excellent and detailed advice on all aspects of the Huma regulator installation* —

but for the removing of said pointed out black part I only read "strap wrench."

Any jimmy rigging you can recommend short of having to buy a strap wrench (in Peru this kind of special stuff is a little hard to get). 😊

*Here:

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=158408

If you don’t want to buy a strap wrench, your only option is to use channel locks or a vice grip and grab it on the thin area that butts up against the silver part. Use a piece of leather or something so you don’t scratch up the finish. In most cases it isn’t crazy tight. It’s just tight enough that you can’t remove it with your hand. Remember this when you assemble any PCP. How tight you make stuff doesn’t stop it from leaking, it only makes it harder to take apart. O-Rings, fit and finish control leaks. Don’t put any part of the air tube together tight.

Frank/ Vetmx,

thanks a lot!! A leather belt and channel lock pliers, great! 😄👍🏼

I feel quite good about myself of having done anything mechanical like this for the very first time...! 😄

WITHOUT THE FORUMS I would never have attempted that! You guys rock!

Replaced reg, replaced o-rings and grease, got it all back together. 👍🏼

However, now it leaks (from full to 5bar in about half an hour). — Actually, it started leaking at that spot before I even got the airtube endcap and the regulator housing off the action to make the regulator switch....

I read on the forums that I shoudn't screw anything airtube too tightly. Mmmm.

See photo, where the pen points.

Any suggestions?

1581369332_1353809945e41c7f4b9cac9.25473463_PP700. Leak.jpg