How long does a 60 min SCBA tank last with a big bore gun? .457

There probably are lots of other variables, like weather it has been cold here for over a month, different guns with different barrel lengths,with different tunes,etc along with different sized ammo etc but I fill my 72 cubic foot tank to about 4500 psi and tether with regulator set at 3200 psi as you have suggested. I get about 75-80 shots at 32 degrees Fahrenheit between my .457 Extreme and my .308 PPBA.I bring a plastic 50 ct ammo holders of each caliber. Usually drop a few and have a few .308 left because the .457 is so much fun to shoot, I will shoot that till run out if ammo. I run the scuba tank down to the 3200 then switch over to lower pressure guns or booster pump to keep shooting high pressure guns. 
Now remember this is just my limited experience and your mileage may vary! 

My .50 Texan will use some 11 liters of regulated air per shot.

So i would asume that your 60min tank is at 4500psi fill pressure and we can calculate backwards and get a true tank volume of (60min times 40liters/min) 2400liters~85cft ie 8liter tank volume. That means that if your .457 CF? uses slightly less than mine (lets say 8 liters) it will do 1 shot for every bar of tank pressure or from 300bar to 250bar (4500psi to 3625psi) 50 shots or if you have the old alu tank and runs 200bar~3000psi you can expect 100 shots. I will suspect that your air consumption is slightly larger so a WAG is something like 75-80 good regulates shots from a full tank.

Did that help?

chickentheif 

Yes that helped

my Texan 457 is the aluminum 4500 bottle with the tx2 valve . It's heavy but so is the gun and I'm not a Hunter so it will be used off the bench . I ended up building a 257 anyway so I will shoot that one most if the time so if I'm shooting it at 3200 most of the time with a doug noble valve how many more shots compared to the Texan do you thing I will get . Sorry if I have hijacked this thread 

Dan 

chickentheif 

Yes that helped

my Texan 457 is the aluminum 4500 bottle with the tx2 valve . It's heavy but so is the gun and I'm not a Hunter so it will be used off the bench . I ended up building a 257 anyway so I will shoot that one most if the time so if I'm shooting it at 3200 most of the time with a doug noble valve how many more shots compared to the Texan do you thing I will get . Sorry if I have hijacked this thread 

Dan

Can of worms there!

I have no idea of air usage on the .257 but effiency drops like a stone with dimishing barrel diameter for the exact same tank pressure.

Area of the bullet is something like 1/3 for the .257 compared with a .457 so expect air consumption th be roughly 1/3 or the amount of shots x3.

All the abowe is a WAG (wild a$$ guess yet still somewhat educated).

In a good tuned valve-bullet combo you can expect amasing results but as i said when barrel diameter decreases so does air effiency. More air for less work (nature is a beast!).