How much money do you spend on average for most scopes?

I have been shooting air rifles for many years now. I,m just your average Joe lunch bucket guy now retired. I started
with break barrels, & moved up into entree level pcps. Avenger,hatsan Fash AEA 357 standard Changer.Most of my scopes
are Amazon $60 & under. How many here are like me in regards to your air gun hobby? Just wondering? Are are you more
into the $1000 & above crowd?

🪰Fly
I usually spend about $200 or a bit more. I hunt small game & decent glass is welcome in a dim woods setting & picking out a small target amongst grass , leaves, in a tree, branches etc. couple center points woudnt hold zero shot to shot. as others have said if you look through a quality scope you will see the difference. I would say buy the best you can afford for the type of shooting you do.
kent

I have been shooting air rifles for many years now. I,m just your average Joe lunch bucket guy now retired. I started
with break barrels, & moved up into entree level pcps. Avenger,hatsan Fash AEA 357 standard Changer.Most of my scopes
are Amazon $60 & under. How many here are like me in regards to your air gun hobby? Just wondering? Are are you more
into the $1000 & above crowd?

🪰Fly
Im like you and try to stay under $100. Of the cheap Amazon scopes you have, is there one you would recommend over the others? Im looking for a good budget one to put on my first pcp.

Depends really. I tend to swap mine from time to time from airguns to firearms. I have scopes feom a few hundred to a few thousand!

Tract Torric
Vortex PST2
Arken EP5
Element Theos
Element Helix
And a few others.....so it just depends
I wonder how the Tract Torric compares to the Delta Strykers?
hope i get a chance to compare the 2
MIke

I try not to go nuts buying optics anymore. The range is too big. Luckily, the quality at the lower end has gotten a lot better, and the mounting systems far more standardized. I am big into scope swapping and have a system that works very well and quickly. For scopes, you can pay has little as $110 for a very usable fixed 10x Tac Vector, or or a Hawke Vantage line, to whatever you are comfortable parting with. I don't see my needs warranting spending more than what my Athlon Helos BTR G2 costs, but as my vision gets worse, I might just change my opinion on that.

Reactions: Dairyboy
Discovery scopes, are good optics, some are heavy and have sharp edges. They can be a good scope for the price.I ordered from China ,it took about 5weeks to get it , that was a couple of years ago..I ordered some kool shirts and a sign from China, they are on my porch in 5days DLS all the way..Simmons Aztec scope =good
i agree

This is a great question. I love seeing all the different answers. In general competing target shooters will spend big bucks on glass. They go on rifles that generally cost 3k plus. It really all depends on what you can afford. If your gun is $500, well put something on it that is lower cost. That is your price range.
Now 20 years ago I worked in a shop that sold Swarovski products. I went to 4 or 5 annual dealer classes. There are huge differences between glass, coatings, and how the products are made and assembled. But most of us just looking through a scope or binoculars may not really see the difference. Now at first light, sunset, an arrow knock at 100 yards. Antlers at 500 or 750 yards and further. You will see a difference between products. Twice now I have had rifles fall 3 feet onto the cab of my truck and onto the ground. Picked them up, a couple of test shots to make sure they were still on and good to go. Good products that worked.
So spend what you can afford to spend. And have it match your rifle cost. Don’t put expensive glass on a $500 dollar rig and don’t put inexpensive glass on a $2000 dollar rig. The glass really does make a difference on how well a gun will shoot, at least for most of us.

Reactions: Mr.Jaick