How much you know about barrels?

Actually an interesting topic to me!
What’s more a low pressure weather system will always rotate counter-clockwise and a high pressure weather system will always rotate clockwise, if north of the equator. The opposite is true south of the equator. A vine will always climb a tree spiraling left to right north of the equator and and the opposite way south of the equator. When a seed sprouts, the first rootlet will always point to magnetic north unless a nearby source of energy influences it otherwise.
I would think the extent of the effect this would have in projectile flight would be minute and only noticable at very long distances. Similar to the corriolis effect I guess.
fun topic though.

I worked at ER Shaw barrel factory. I drilled barrels on world war 1 prat Whitley machines. I ran the reamers for a lil bit, a water fall of hot oil..not much fun... Polished the outside of barrels with a huge belt sander with 6 ft belt. When drilling barrels they were not straight until caliber .308..... 17 cal barrels drilled horribly off center... Most small caliber barrels drilled off center. They turn down between centers. Then straighten by hitting barrel on high spot with 10 lbs rubber sledge. My short explanation of some of my barrel manufacturing experience I was exposed too.

Mat is serious and a shooter.
He’s also related to Phil Collins, who I think is truly his dad

D61EFFC0-AE4E-4480-A33E-F0DBB4AEF479.jpeg
79389087-8DF9-44F4-8585-C65B247AB452.png
6DCFDCE4-CA05-4CAA-BDF2-8808EA3104BF.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: swNCsw