How often do you pass on shots simply because they are too easy?

Vulcan 3 700mm
30 cal... 54gn slugs @ 976 fps
15 yards

Almost passed on this one, it was soo damn close. Normally would have passed on such an easy shot but been a slow week and need 2 more rabbits for my stew :)
1000005074.jpg1000005075.jpg

Vulcan 3 700mm
30 cal... 54gn slugs @ 976 fps
15 yards

Almost passed on this one, it was soo damn close. Normally would have passed on such an easy shot but been a slow week and need 2 more rabbits for my stew :)
View attachment 484591View attachment 484590
Zeke , with that gun of yours , I think you should pass on anything under 50 yrds , just sayin' LOL

There is 2 magpies in the back yard where i live, they like to poop on my car, and i have a strong urge to do something about that even if its a highly build up residential area.
For sure the damn swines are lucky i got flat rate car wash on my car, and so can wash my car 3 times a day if i wanted to ( or more there are no cap on my deal )

Also somehow even if the CCTV camera on my car use smart motion detect, it now register the birds as humans often and send a alert to my phone and tablet.
Damn swines also lucky on that i do not have sound on my phone or tablet aside for when i sleep, so i can do the insane jack out of a box in case someone mistreat my property.

Screenshot_2024-08-01-15-04-46-749_com.mm.android.DMSS.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: ZekeZX10
There is 2 magpies in the back yard where i live, they like to poop on my car, and i have a strong urge to do something about that even if its a highly build up residential area.
For sure the damn swines are lucky i got flat rate car wash on my car, and so can wash my car 3 times a day if i wanted to ( or more there are no cap on my deal )

Also somehow even if the CCTV camera on my car use smart motion detect, it now register the birds as humans often and send a alert to my phone and tablet.
Damn swines also lucky on that i do not have sound on my phone or tablet aside for when i sleep, so i can do the insane jack out of a box in case someone mistreat my property.

View attachment 484667
A nice quiet 177 should do the trick those bastards

Shots of 15 yards are actually not that easy for me with my bullpups. I have to remember to shoot pretty high over the target. But I still take them if offered. I may wait a few seconds if I think the target may move a few more yards away, however. If the animal is in season (or there is no season like Armadillos) and I have a safe shot, basically I take it.

Shots of 15 yards are actually not that easy for me with my bullpups. I have to remember to shoot pretty high over the target. But I still take them if offered. I may wait a few seconds if I think the target may move a few more yards away, however. If the animal is in season (or there is no season like Armadillos) and I have a safe shot, basically I take it.
I hear that, close shots with a scope can throw you off if you don't practice. I aimed 1.5 mils high and still hit him low.

Reactions: Contndr35BB
I hear that, close shots with a scope can throw you off if you don't practice. I aimed 1.5 mils high and still hit him low.
Zeke , yes ,those up close (measured in ft not yrds) are not always easy. I have a barn that I'll hit today that will have those shots . I'll pull out my chair blind to set up in a room 30' squared . Rats coming from all directions ! Found this yesterday while covering an open ground feed pile. I had tried this area some time before w/ no sightings even though there was plenty of sign. Well I've pulled out the Kral NP-03 ( to be sold to the gent that rents the house ) & remounted the ATN -LTV scope, turned the power down ,sighted in @ 20 - 25 ft , screwed on the Donny Sumo & heading out .

Zeke , yes ,those up close (measured in ft not yrds) are not always easy. I have a barn that I'll hit today that will have those shots . I'll pull out my chair blind to set up in a room 30' squared . Rats coming from all directions ! Found this yesterday while covering an open ground feed pile. I had tried this area some time before w/ no sightings even though there was plenty of sign. Well I've pulled out the Kral NP-03 ( to be sold to the gent that rents the house ) & remounted the ATN -LTV scope, turned the power down ,sighted in @ 20 - 25 ft , screwed on the Donny Sumo & heading out .
Happy Hunting!