How to test a new compressor

Just got my replacement compressor - a Yong Heng for a Yong Heng. As much as I would love to have a GX, I love having groceries and electricity more.

So I got the new compressor, I got an inline water/oil separator, I'm good.... but also scared a bit.

Is there a specific way to test a compressor, like perhaps a dummy tip that goes on the end of the hose to raise the pressure up? Before I start hooking up precious items to this thing, I want to make sure it's safe.

Get a "dead head" plug to see if pressure is building correctly and you have no leaks in lines or fittings. The one I have has a gauge. Never start or stop compressor under pressure. 20241003_065508.jpg

There should have been a plug included so you may test it. You are correct in testing it out as soon as you get it.
Install the plug in the end of your hose, set your fill pressure and start the compressor as you normally would. Take note of the time it takes to pressurize the hose (compressor cut off). After that, repeat the process. Results should be fairly consistent. Leaks or malfunctions should become apparent.

There should have been a plug included so you may test it. You are correct in testing it out as soon as you get it.
Install the plug in the end of your hose, set your fill pressure and start the compressor as you normally would. Take note of the time it takes to pressurize the hose (compressor cut off). After that, repeat the process. Results should be fairly consistent. Leaks or malfunctions should become apparent.
no plug included.

Reactions: Rizz01