Umarex Huben dream notos regulator

Does anyone have any experience with these regulators? I'm assuming it's top quality coming from Huben, but any knowledge of them being used on the notos? I'm contemplating getting one along with a .2l cf bottle.

Here's a pic of the notos currently.

Screenshot_20240509_060504_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• 20240504_065550.jpg
    20240504_065550.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Solution
Thanks for the clarification. Would I be mistaken in assuming it is of better quality than the Ali express and ebay chinesium drop blocks?

It is a chinesium drop-block from AliExpress and eBay.

Not sure what you mean by better quality though, I've had zero issues with the couple hundo or so I've put on Notos so far.

I've not seen that one before, I wonder if is threaded for 16*1?
it already is on ali ex 49.00 shipped same valve on amazon 149.00 this is the 2nd valve i got from ali z valve was my first one this has a 30cc chamber
with set screws to clock it and it works mint ,,,, what isn't made in China id say80% of all gun's parts scopes compressors welcome to the new world
Got a link? I can't find it

it already is on ali ex 49.00 shipped same valve on amazon 149.00 this is the 2nd valve i got from ali z valve was my first one this has a 30cc chamber
with set screws to clock it and it works mint ,,,, what isn't made in China id say80% of all gun's parts scopes compressors welcome to the new world
Do you have a link to the $49 Aliexpress valve?

Do you have a link to the $49 Aliexpress valve?
As far as I know those Huben Power regulators are all knockoff if sold on AliExpress or Ebay.
www.hubenpower.com (right on their front page)
The AEA, Notos and Universal versions of the Dream Valve drop block knockoff regulator are not available on Aliexpress.
Just the Air force (ie Condor) knockoff versions.

There's tones of them on aliexpress and I'm told by Nick at Huben Power that they're all fake. Huben Power does not shop on aliexpress.

I, like Hajimoto, deal direct with Huben so I know I'm getting the real deal and the factory backup should I or one of my customers have an issue.

Huben are some of the most consistent regs I've ever used. After breakin you regularly see standard deviations of 0 to 1fps and extreme deviations of 2fps. That's with the dream valve and the black hawk cricket regulators.

They're that good!

As far as I know those Huben Power regulators are all knockoff if sold on AliExpress or Ebay.
www.hubenpower.com (right on their front page)
The AEA, Notos and Universal versions of the Dream Valve drop block knockoff regulator are not available on Aliexpress.
Just the Air force (ie Condor) knockoff versions.
I sell Huben Power black hawk cricket adjustable regulators on ebay and I buy direct from Huben Power. No knock offs here! They have no authorized dealers on AliExpress.

I'm an authorized dealer that sells on ebay. You can email Huben Power to check.

There's tones of them on aliexpress and I'm told by Nick at Huben Power that they're all fake. Huben Power does not shop on aliexpress.

I, like Hajimoto, deal direct with Huben so I know I'm getting the real deal and the factory backup should I or one of my customers have an issue.

Huben are some of the most consistent regs I've ever used. After breakin you regularly see standard deviations of 0 to 1fps and extreme deviations of 2fps. That's with the dream valve and the black hawk cricket regulators.

They're that good!
I have not found that kind of SD and ES with my regulator. Idk how many shots it takes to break in but I've cleared through more than 500 shots in mine. And it's no where near as tight as the reg that came with the Notos from factory. The dream valve will give me 7-10fps variance 12-15fps spread on the high end. But it still shoots great.

I sell Huben Power black hawk cricket adjustable regulators on ebay and I buy direct from Huben Power. No knock offs here! They have no authorized dealers on AliExpress.

I'm an authorized dealer that sells on ebay. You can email Huben Power to check.
They changed their front page. When I posted that the front page included Ebay. Now it is just ALIexpress.

Nick Scott also mention Ebay in an email back in June:
"The so-called Huben Power products sold on AliExpress and eBay are not manufactured by our company."

But what surprises me is with all their issues on Aliexpress they do their bulk sales on Alibaba. Which owns Aliexpress.

I have not found that kind of SD and ES with my regulator. Idk how many shots it takes to break in but I've cleared through more than 500 shots in mine. And it's no where near as tight as the reg that came with the Notos from factory. The dream valve will give me 7-10fps variance 12-15fps spread on the high end. But it still shoots great.
I may be wrong, but have you tried tightening up your hammer spring tension (HST)? High ES and SD are usually due to hammer not hitting the valve hard enough (or rather inconsistent enough) creating inconsistent velocities. I had similar issue on my taipan veteran 2 tac, at about 80% HST i was getting a whopping 50 fps ES and 12 SD. Once I adjusted the HST to about 98% I'm getting 7 fps ES and 2 fps SD. It's called tuning to the "knee" and can be found by googling for it.

I may be wrong, but have you tried tightening up your hammer spring tension (HST)? High ES and SD are usually due to hammer not hitting the valve hard enough (or rather inconsistent enough) creating inconsistent velocities. I had similar issue on my taipan veteran 2 tac, at about 80% HST i was getting a whopping 50 fps ES and 12 SD. Once I adjusted the HST to about 98% I'm getting 7 fps ES and 2 fps SD. It's called tuning to the "knee" and can be found by googling for it.
I have not adjusted the HS. Technically I shouldn't have to. From factory my notos was shooting the 15.89gr atomics averaging 742fps and it would deviate from 742, to 743, 742,742,742,742 743,741,742, towards the end of air oressure it would jump to like 747 and 748 until it dropped from the reg pressure. It would repeatedly do so shot string across shot string without fail.

When I installed the dream valve I made sure the reg was set to the same speed. My dream valve has the plenum so it should use less regulator pressure to reach the same velocity.

I'll see about adjusting the HST but isn't there barely any hammer to adjust?

I have not adjusted the HS. Technically I shouldn't have to. From factory my notos was shooting the 15.89gr atomics averaging 742fps and it would deviate from 742, to 743, 742,742,742,742 743,741,742, towards the end of air oressure it would jump to like 747 and 748 until it dropped from the reg pressure. It would repeatedly do so shot string across shot string without fail.

When I installed the dream valve I made sure the reg was set to the same speed. My dream valve has the plenum so it should use less regulator pressure to reach the same velocity.

I'll see about adjusting the HST but isn't there barely any hammer to adjust?
I just noticed a veteran in your profile pic, oops. Apologies with my previous post, you are very likely familiar with the valve balancing act then.
In your case if you didn't touch the HS but decreased the reg pressure through the means of installing the dream valve your accuracy would potentially go down but not so much the ES/SD?

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I just noticed a veteran in your profile pic, oops. Apologies with my previous post, you are very likely familiar with the valve balancing act then.
In your case if you didn't touch the HS but decreased the reg pressure through the means of installing the dream valve your accuracy would potentially go down but not so much the ES/SD?
Idk, my ES /SD definitely has a decent spread as compared to stock. Maybe I now have too much hst? I doubt it, but I guess I can't rule it out without trying.

Reactions: lynxor
so, what kind of FPS gain do you get after spending $150 on Huben regulator and another $100 for a bottle? close to 900 FPS with CPHP 14.3gr and triple the total shot count?

The upgrade is the price of a second new Notos. lol
No Bottle Needed still on original air cylinder with 2 plenum extensions and as of now Fps 908-915 shooting 15.89s mid30s Fpe
maybe when i put the bottle on wing it to 1100 Fps with over 40lbs fpe
still into it for 1000s less than some of these guns i see on site and just as accurate if not better for a fraction.
all i know is I'm having a blast without breaking the bank
yeah, bottle and reg is close depends on where you buy from but who cares can't put a price on fun in this new world.

Last edited:
No Bottle Needed still on original air cylinder with 2 plenum extensions and as of now Fps 908-915 shooting 15.89s mid30s Fpe
maybe when i put the bottle on wing it to 1100 Fps with over 40lbs fpe
still into it for 1000s less than some of these guns i see on site and just as accurate if not better for a fraction.
all i know is I'm having a blast without breaking the bank
yeah, bottle and reg is close depends on where you buy from but who cares can't put a price on fun in this new world.
This is after porting it right? Cause stock with the plenum, plenum extensions and 500mm barrel mine is only putting out 789fps with JSB 14.3gr

20240913_103703.jpg

yes after porting
before porting with the 380mm barrel it was at 825-835
reg pressure now is 2250 ish from 1900
i get 13 shots before falling off the regulator
nice set up you have clean nice build I'm going to add another plenum before swapping to a bottle
i will say these stock regulators seem pretty stable and recover pretty quick.

Last edited:
yes after porting
before porting with the 380mm barrel it was at 825-835
reg pressure now is 2250 ish from 1900
i get 13 shots before falling off the regulator
I may just have to fiddle with the hammer spring then, the reg is at about 2050psi shooting 789fps max with 14.3gr and the 500mm barrel and I'm getting about 30-32ish shots.

I may just have to fiddle with the hammer spring then, the reg is at about 2050psi shooting 789fps max with 14.3gr and the 500mm barrel and I'm getting about 30-32ish shots.
i also changed my hammer spring little stiffer and the hammer adj screw is flush
if you open the port in the block behind the reg to 4mm it should hit 800+

Reactions: JaceSpace1369