Huben Huben GK1 is (NOT) a good pistol

Why everyone keep saying that the GK1 is so precise? maybe more than your action Co2 plinker... but not much more. Either your standards are pretty low, or mine are pretty high.

I come from firearms and the GK1 can't even come close to the Steyr M-A1 with fixed barrel, or any 1911 clone or service beretta, and in airguns, the 50 buck P-17 China clone also surpass it by far.

Even my Franquenstein pcp'ed 1377, with sawed and manual crowned rusty barrel make far better grouping:

View attachment 490685

And it's not just me, I already posted the video of Joerg Sprave comparing it with a target pistol, and seen a lot of reviews and videos and everyone keeps saying that the grouping is so good... NO, IT'S NOT, it's poop. I'ts eons away from a + 1000 buck air pistol, and not even competition ones, have you all gone mad?

the-last-dance-mj.gif

Idk why everyone keeps giving this post attention, the OP isn't going to change his mind and neither are any of us. This is just ridiculous entertainment at this point.

I'm sorry you got a lemon Huben GK1, if you really don't like it that much, and it's that much of a garbage item, why don't you list it for sale or return it to the company you bought it from?

Clearly the vast majority of everyone elses experiences have ranged from great to fantastic with this air pistol including myself.

For most, this gun ticks all the boxes and then some extra, it's nearly perfect. No air gun is perfect, but to call this trash when NO ONE else has made something like this with the versatility in power, customization, and ease of adjustment is ludicrous. We can always think of something that "needs" to be improved, and there will always be nay sayers. A lot of us have found solutions to quirks the gun has had, but that's all they are.

I really hope that instructor of yours isn't doing any instructing anymore, it's plain ignorance doing something like that.

I like him... I see him has your standard hillbilly that has seen too many Vitenam movies and for some reason thinks airguns are war firearms.

No other youtuber treat airguns like that, and that also gives you an idea of performance under not flowery delicassy treatment, so you can see how airguns perform under a little real world bashing and trashing (poorly). And it's specially fun to watch how crap advertished as self defense, like the AEA defender fails miserably as a constant.

I see fit that companies that ad their products as firearm alternatives, get them treated like firearms and not the delicate gimmiks they are. That's part of my critic on the GK1 also, it would ever pass a basic firearm safety test.

Arguing online...pretty pointless. OP has his view/opinion and the only thing will change that is, as OP put, improvements in design.

He is allowed to express these opinions, and while members are allowed to counter, its rather painful to see people beating their heads against a wall trying to shift opinion or stand their ground.

No single product to my knowledge has ever not received criticism, you cannot make everyone happy, period.

Y'all should just quit dragging this dead beaten horse across the coals.

-Matt

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Arguing online...pretty pointless. OP has his view/opinion and the only thing will change that is, as OP put, improvements in design.

He is allowed to express these opinions, and while members are allowed to counter, its rather painful to see people beating their heads against a wall trying to shift opinion or stand their ground.

No single product to my knowledge has ever not received criticism, you cannot make everyone happy, period.

Y'all should just quit dragging this dead beaten horse across the coals.

-Matt
Can't speak for everyone, but I'm not arguing or beating my head against the wall for anyone's opinions.

It's not beating a dead horse either imo.
This thread to me is entertaining, honesty haven't laughed this much on a airgun forum in a while, that's why I keep replying.
And I'm not laughing at the OP, but the way that he has ruffles a few feather's.

It's not just my pistol, I watched target shooting reviews of the GK1 and its mediocre at best.
Comparing a GK1 to a target or competition pistol is like comparing the fuel economy of a pickup truck and a Prius. A Prius is designed to deliver maximum fuel economy within regulatory parameters, so of course it will get better fuel economy than a vehicle that was designed for other purposes. A competition pistol is designed to shoot tiny groups at 10m above all else and because of that they will obviously outperform a pistol that is designed to self load, deliver maximum power and maximum shot count. The Huben has three other design parameters that it has to make sacrifices for in order to fulfill. The amazing thing about the Huben is that it seemingly sacrifices so little to achieve what it does.

Comparing a GK1 to a target or competition pistol is like comparing the fuel economy of a pickup truck and a Prius. A Prius is designed to deliver maximum fuel economy within regulatory parameters, so of course it will get better fuel economy than a vehicle that was designed for other purposes. A competition pistol is designed to shoot tiny groups at 10m above all else and because of that they will obviously outperform a pistol that is designed to self load, deliver maximum power and maximum shot count. The Huben has three other design parameters that it has to make sacrifices for in order to fulfill. The amazing thing about the Huben is that it seemingly sacrifices so little to achieve what it does.
Yeah... like basic safety also.

Yeah... like basic safety also.
I guess we'll see how that pans out. There are a lot of GK1's out there now and they're selling more, so if the safety concerns are serious well find out soon. I personally feel they're significant enough to warrant treating the gun with extra caution, but nothing more at this point.

There are other guns with known safety concerns. The 1911, for example, is considered one of the all time great pistol designs, but it can discharge when dropped.

Ahhhh, way overblown.

Time will prove me right, it always does, like the time when a friend of mine get a bisexual boyfriend that wanted to transition but maintaining his little friend, and I say to her... leave him or you will get AIDS, she ignored my advice cuz is so cool and progressive.

Now she have AIDS.

And when someone of you blow a couple of fingers or his foot or leg (that already happened with the K-1) I will tell you, like I told her... Told'ya.

For me the theme is closed, all my points are perfectly expressed on the video, from an airgun entusiast point of view, I like that something like the GK1 exist, they have proved that the limits can be pushed far away than any of the past crap, but at the same time, I can't condone some of the design choices and, comparing with an actual firearm, this don't make the cut no matter how you see it. And yes, when someone advertise his product like a viable self defense alternative to a pistol, the product must be compared with the real thing, and to date, all airguns that dare to compare to actual weapons, are just crappy, barely functional gimmiks, and yes, even in that cathegory, the GK1 comes the best, yet, far beyond any production handgun.

My final note on the GK1. Yes it hs flaws but so do many other great guns. I keep a trigger lock on mine when not in use as I do with all my other guns. It would be nice if it had a second safety like my LCS. Price is high but it is made very well and at the moment there is nothing else out there with the power and accuracy combo this has that’s available in non firearm form. In N.Y it is very difficult to get a pistol permit and to me this is the next best solution. My shotgun is in the closet but my GK1 is near my bed set at 70fpe. I believe this to be a proper close range deterrent for unwanted guests and has proven to eliminate large backyard pests.
Nothing is perfect and when something better comes out I’ll be one of the first on the waitlist, until then I’ll be keeping the GK1.

Reactions: Barri_40
One thing I think is a worthwhile accessory from a safety standpoint is an aftermarket loading gate. Being able to easily load three pellets at a time is nice, but it’s also nice to be able to see three or more ports at a time when you’re verifying it’s unloaded at the end of a shooting session and to be able to more easily clear the cylinder of any loaded pellets.

One thing I think is a worthwhile accessory from a safety standpoint is an aftermarket loading gate. Being able to easily load three pellets at a time is nice, but it’s also nice to be able to see three or more ports at a time when you’re verifying it’s unloaded at the end of a shooting session and to be able to more easily clear the cylinder of any loaded pellets.
Got one before I got the gun. It’s a load of fun.
image.jpg

Time will prove me right, it always does, like the time when a friend of mine get a bisexual boyfriend that wanted to transition but maintaining his little friend, and I say to her... leave him or you will get AIDS, she ignored my advice cuz is so cool and progressive.

Now she have AIDS.

And when someone of you blow a couple of fingers or his foot or leg (that already happened with the K-1) I will tell you, like I told her... Told'ya.
Ahhh 😂😂😂 OK then, get back to us when you have some real data to supply.

Now she have AIDS.
Dude - you just lost me. Talk about comparing apples to oranges, or .......... steam shovels?

• Haha
Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66