Huben Huben GK1 is (NOT) a good pistol

what botters me the most is that, they had plenty of time to just add a stupid solid piece that blocks the valve, but no... the lazy bastards don't even care after the reports of misfires and problems of the K-1. Any of you, seriously can take a look at the gearbox and say... yeah.. totally fine?
What gearbox are you talking about? And doesnt the safety physically block the sear just like in almost every other gun?

Carrying a GK1 on an empty chamber isn't necessarily easy. Depending on the model you have 17 or more shots in the cylinder and nothing to indicate which chamber is the empty one. It might be worthwhile to mark two positions on the cylinder, one for the chamber which is left empty and another to index it to a set location when that chamber is in the firing position.
No need to do that, it's pretty simple really ;
once you get your empty chamber to be the last you see before it goes into the action 2 more clicks and she is in position, .....even a caveman can do it

I better sell mine right away. What can I replace it with? How about the 3D printed “poor man’s Huben” from Mr SafetyConcious OP himself? I mean, what could go wrong there?

Your point will be valid if I sell those or have any comercial interest, but its just another project, finished already, but can't made it due to stupid gun laws of my country, so for now it's on standby. I'm not a company, just another entusiast that demands quality instead of behing a lame fanboy. The airgun industry makes pure garbage, in the video of this post, one of the chicks show how easy is to actually made an air rifle from aliexpress junk, and a pretty decent one with thicker solid steel rifled barrel and adjustable regulator wheel + tank sealing for less than a 100 bucks, yet, you keep paying thousands of dolars for the same, recicled, barely functional crap with different skins. So ok... no use to point the obvious with you guys, those ****ers will keep making money puting poop after poop on the market. Can I do better? **** yes... All my airguns are heavily modded and I even make some from pieces on the past, that I can have anymore due to a little jumpscare with my stupid country regulations.

Huben has made something different (not really super complex or anything that any mediocre enginery student coudn't do), but at the same time, they ****ed up in a milion easily correctable ways. Even Gregor Kamensek says on a video that his idea and designs are much diferent, he wanted the deposit on the handle for example, but Huben basically say... Look man, we already have this poop, it's just our unsafe, unreliable rifle but with less pieces and a different handle, just stick your name on it and let's sell this piece of poop for x100 price of what cost us to made it.

Huben GK1 is a BAD PISTOL, worse than a poopty Hi-point, I would place it sligthly above a Nambu, maybe on a level of a Isard republican pistol, a gun that no one wants anything with. It is a gun?... yes... it is usable? yes... can you rely on it, carry it safely, put a MINIMUM stress on it? don't.. just don't...

From a real gun standpoint, the thing is atrocious, from an airgun perspective, yes, it's the best, but because almost everything else is pure poop or don't even function half the time.

Histrionics aside, it is clear this airgun needs to be handled with extra care - this is clear from the specs and mechanism since it cannot be decocked, it seems like you think it is not obvious, but it is pretty obvious I think. if you had not taken such a dramatic approach you would've had a better reception.

I guess there are worse things to do than point it out over and over again.

I wish all airguns had safeties that literally obstructed travel of the hammers/ pistons (or their equivalent) - none of mine have: kral, hatsan, aea, artemis, huben, evanix, airforce... kind of surprising.

I've had my gk1 since it launched, the V1. I've easily put over a thousand pellets/slugs through it. I've had it jammed 2 times where it released all the air. I was not hurt, I've never had it fire a pellet unless I pulled the trigger. I carry it on my hip in a holster when I'm going through the woods, I have a simple laser on it set for 20 yards or less, that's all I need it for. I have a regular K1, Western rattler 357, Benjamin bulldog, and Seneca double shot for longer range and serious hunting.

No PCP, or for that matter any type of pellet gun is a "toy". I would not point an old Daisy pellet gun at my head, where do people come up with this stuff?

For raw power, and in my case accuracy of 20 yards, there is no PCP pistol on the market that can do what this pistol does, there's none that even come close. It is the greatest PCP pistol ever made right now.

For a hunter.

A precision shooter have no use for this one. It's not even regulated. A plinker will be (i would) annoyed to had to fill it so often. If it was regulated and had a bigger shot count per fill it would be great to 25m-50m precision shooting.

Breaking a lance for this piece of garbage, even if it's not regulated, the system sort of ''self regulates'' as the valve will remain open longer if there is less pressure, of course it won't compare with a regulator, but the consistency is more than acceptable at low/medium power adjustment. And they sell a regulated version.

The problem with accuracy comes with the 3 point barrel/slide pressing, I'm having much better results now that I leave the barrel floating. There is a milion other things why this is a bad gun and it's better to not carry it on ANY context.

For a hunter.

A precision shooter have no use for this one. It's not even regulated. A plinker will be (i would) annoyed to had to fill it so often. If it was regulated and had a bigger shot count per fill it would be great to 25m-50m precision shooting.
Hmmmm - the GK1 is not marketed as a precision shooter, now is it? It's marketed as a semi-auto pistol with tremendous power potential for it's size. It only came about because of Gregor's modification of a K1 rifle and the overall demand for Huben to build a pistol.

It's a pointless pistol in regulated format as there is not enough room for a plenum to deliver the higher power.

For what it is - a semi-auto, kinda self-regulated, hard hitting, high power capable pistol - it is a standout as one of the best PCP pistols ever created.

If you don't want a pistol capable of 30fpe or more - then it's clearly the wrong pistol for you. It's laughable that this whole thread has come about to try and bash the GK1 for what it is not.

For a hunter.

What are you talking about ?

.......if you want to plink you just lower the power and that will give more shots by default, plenty shots in this little pistol once you power it down for plinking duties, also you want a regulated gun for plinking ? and have you seen the tipe of shot strings you get with the huben pistol as you de-tune it ?

This obsession with regulated guns is way overblown, moreso with pistols.

It's a pointless pistol in regulated format as there is not enough room for a plenum to deliver the higher power.

For what it is - a semi-auto, kinda self-regulated, hard hitting, high power capable pistol - it is a standout as one of the best PCP pistols ever created.

If you don't want a pistol capable of 30fpe or more - then it's clearly the wrong pistol for you. It's laughable that this whole thread has come about to try and bash the GK1 for what it is not.
It's pointless as a higher power regulated pistol that would need a plenum.
But regulated lower power via UK market, those that have them would disagree with you here.
Couple that I have seen in the FB GK1 group their owners are really enjoying them, just as we are enjoying the full power ones .

For a hunter.

I am a precision shooter -25 years in biathlon competition. The GK1 will shoot 2 mags with an ES of 10 with a 20fpe tune, virtually pellet on pellet at 30y.

What’s more, Ron Robinson, AirNGasman on here, who knows a thing or two about air pistols, having authored some well respected books on them, describes the GK1 as his “super-pistol” and “the most effective airgun hunting rig ever”:

Why everyone keep saying that the GK1 is so precise? maybe more than your action Co2 plinker... but not much more. Either your standards are pretty low, or mine are pretty high.

I come from firearms and the GK1 can't even come close to the Steyr M-A1 with fixed barrel, or any 1911 clone or service beretta, and in airguns, the 50 buck P-17 China clone also surpass it by far.

Even my Franquenstein pcp'ed 1377, with sawed and manual crowned rusty barrel make far better grouping:

IMG_20240824_155038.jpg

And it's not just me, I already posted the video of Joerg Sprave comparing it with a target pistol, and seen a lot of reviews and videos and everyone keeps saying that the grouping is so good... NO, IT'S NOT, it's poop. I'ts eons away from a + 1000 buck air pistol, and not even competition ones, have you all gone mad?

Why everyone keep saying that the GK1 is so precise? maybe more than your action Co2 plinker... but not much more. Either your standards are pretty low, or mine are pretty high.

I come from firearms and the GK1 can't even come close to the Steyr M-A1 with fixed barrel, or any 1911 clone or service beretta, and in airguns, the 50 buck P-17 China clone also surpass it by far.

Even my Franquenstein pcp'ed 1377, with sawed and manual crowned rusty barrel make far better grouping:

View attachment 490685

And it's not just me, I already posted the video of Joerg Sprave comparing it with a target pistol, and seen a lot of reviews and videos and everyone keeps saying that the grouping is so good... NO, IT'S NOT, it's poop. I'ts eons away from a + 1000 buck air pistol, and not even competition ones, have you all gone mad?
I worked on a psych ward with a patient who was convinced that everyone else had gone mad.

I am a precision shooter -25 years in biathlon competition. The GK1 will shoot 2 mags with an ES of 10 with a 20fpe tune, virtually pellet on pellet at 30y.
I am not a competition shooter but the GK1 is by far the best air pistol out there for my needs of target, plinking, light hunting, and self defense. I am not like Weevil whom has experienced how accurate it is with experience as a competition shooter, but what I can say is that the GK1 is the only air pistol that I have used that is so accurate even out to 50 yards! The GK1 is the only semi-auto that has this accuracy and power, real power. All other air pistols are weak typically 300-600 FPS which for anything other than short range 10 meter use is pathetic and anything with more power is single shot. My GK1 tuned down is putting down 800 FPS with a flat shot string and grouping tight in the bullseye to the point I can even just rapid fire and still have every shot in the black! This is the first air pistol that has air rifle power in pistol form.

The reality is that old school air pistol owners are just upset that their beloved brands of pistols are in the dust due to the release of the Huben GK1. I am sure eventually some of those other brands will come out with something closer to the GK1 performance but right now there is no other pistol remotely close to the performance, power, and enjoyment to shoot. I have sold all of my other air pistols as their performance is laughable comparing it the GK1.

I'm referring to 10 meter precision pistols. No, the GK1 will not make better groups at those 10 meters and it shouldn't because it's not made for that.
I understand the bashing and hate after the gun being so powerful and all the hype but it is what it is, a good damn pistol not "the better in everything".
I understand how is marketed, everyone is disagreeing with me agreeing with me and telling me why.

I'm referring to 10 meter precision pistols. No, the GK1 will not make better groups at those 10 meters and it shouldn't because it's not made for that.
I understand the bashing and hate after the gun being so powerful and all the hype but it is what it is, a good damn pistol not "the better in everything".
I understand how is marketed, everyone is disagreeing with me agreeing with me and telling me why.
I can’t speak as to how it compares to competition guns, but as a hunting pistol it is top notch and as a plinker it is pretty good. It’s accurate enough to reliably hit the kill zone on small game out to 30 yards and beyond and powerful enough for animals the size of raccoons and foxes. I don’t know how many shots you might get at 12 fpe, but in .25 with the velocity set to around 750 fps it will get 50 shots on a charge and IMO, that makes for a pretty good plinking pistol. My Jet 2 only gets about 21 shots at 20 fpe.

I’m currently using a Holosun reflex sight on mine, so that limits my accuracy considerably compared to a scope, but the size and weight are superb. I haven’t actually weighed it, but with the Huben suppressor and a Buckrail carbon takedown stock I’m pretty sure my total weight in carbine form is under 3 lbs. and the whole package fits in a standard pistol case.