Huben Huben GK1 V1 VS V3R

I am confused about the pricing on Huben's website for the GK1. So they sell the regulated GK1 V3R for $1899 (price dropped $100 this week). The original GK1 V1 is $2199. Those prices are both for the suppressed options with the adapter. I look at the specs and I do not see why. They both have the same power and specs. I saw the GK1 V1 for sale on another site for $1299, I dont know how legit that site is so I wont link it. I assumed the V1 would be getting phased out and thats why I saw it on sale.

I am assuming its a pricing mistake, but I figured I would ask here.

Every time I buy a new vehicle them sob’s make minor changes every year it seems. Take away a few options add a few things, maybe special editions and colors. I didn’t buy a “prototype” and even happy sometimes that I didn’t wait as some changes that were made I sure wouldn’t want.
Simply put, I am upset because (to my knowledge) Huben didn’t make anyone aware they were still tweaking the product.

Yes, tons of companies make annual changes/upgrades to items, and I’m 100% all for it. However, what is happening with the GK1 models is (IMO) a fundamentally different situation… With transparency (or lack there of) as the core discrepancy.
I have never heard of a new product line releasing multiple upgraded versions multiple times within the same fiscal year… I digress.
The “issue”, if you want to call it that, I have with the GK1 situation is that (to my knowledge) Huben didn’t let customers know that they were working on a new version of the GK1. More notably, prior to purchasing my “V3”, I specifically asked a Huben authorized supplier if he thought they might be releasing another new version in the near future… I was told that Huben made no indication that there would be any (more) new versions in the foreseeable future. Now, one month later, I find out a 4th version is coming out.

I guess I just don’t understand why Huben would do this. They make fantastic guns. Why not test the different prototypes in-house before manufacturing thousands of prototypes… all while you are still working to perfect the product? Or, most importantly, just let the customers know.

There's no 4th version!
It was a mistake in a post from a new owner and he said so in his post if you read it all!!!
V3 is latest and probably here to stay for a while! There is a regulated version from a shop in Spain but not here in the states yet! And I'm sure it be will lacking the power of the current offering!

Last edited:
For those who are doubting whether or not there is a fourth version, please check the most recent GK1 waiting list information on New England Air’s website… or kindly refer to the following screenshot:

IMG_0357.jpeg

Last edited:
The 4th run thing is because these guns are produced in batches of a certain number and distributed to the authorized dealer all over the world. Huben makes the certain number of the GK1 according to the number committed by their dealers. If big name US companies orders 10k pieces then that 10k will also come in batches. Its just how manufacturing works.

Simply put, I am upset because (to my knowledge) Huben didn’t make anyone aware they were still tweaking the product.

Yes, tons of companies make annual changes/upgrades to items, and I’m 100% all for it. However, what is happening with the GK1 models is (IMO) a fundamentally different situation… With transparency (or lack there of) as the core discrepancy.
I have never heard of a new product line releasing multiple upgraded versions multiple times within the same fiscal year… I digress.
The “issue”, if you want to call it that, I have with the GK1 situation is that (to my knowledge) Huben didn’t let customers know that they were working on a new version of the GK1. More notably, prior to purchasing my “V3”, I specifically asked a Huben authorized supplier if he thought they might be releasing another new version in the near future… I was told that Huben made no indication that there would be any (more) new versions in the foreseeable future. Now, one month later, I find out a 4th version is coming out.

I guess I just don’t understand why Huben would do this. They make fantastic guns. Why not test the different prototypes in-house before manufacturing thousands of prototypes… all while you are still working to perfect the product? Or, most importantly, just let the customers know.
I think you need to do your homework on the history of first Huben and then the GK1. Huben is a small company and the GK1 was designed by Gregor Kamiensek and because of his prototype's success and demand convinced Huben to build a commercial version based on their design of their K1 rifle and Gregor's conversion. This they did, but it was at least partially funded by pre-sales by people like me. I purchased and pre-paid for my first GK1 a year before I took delivery. Funding is why things were done in the manner they were. You are obviously not a business manager because if you were, you would know that testing can and usually does, cost far more than the initial design of any product. The GK1 is no exception. I have both a Ver. 1 and a Ver. 3 and I actually prefer the Ver. 1 over the Ver.3. It is extremely unusual for any design to get it right at its first iteration. You can expect that in the future, through user experience, several changes will be made. We, the end users, are the test vehicle. As a further insight to this issue, it is extremely difficult to predict and test for user stupidity, especially by the same people that designed the product. They typically find it impossible to predict stupid, as they are prejudiced by the knowledge of correct usage. It is for this reason that most software companies distribute beta versions of new releases.

There's no 4th version!
It was a mistake in a post from a new owner and he said so in his post if you read it all!!!
V3 is latest and probably here to stay for a while! There is a regulated version from a shop in Spain but not here in the states yet! And I'm sure it be will lacking the power of the current offering!

I think you need to do your homework on the history of first Huben and then the GK1. Huben is a small company and the GK1 was designed by Gregor Kamiensek and because of his prototype's success and demand convinced Huben to build a commercial version based on their design of their K1 rifle and Gregor's conversion. This they did, but it was at least partially funded by pre-sales by people like me. I purchased and pre-paid for my first GK1 a year before I took delivery. Funding is why things were done in the manner they were. You are obviously not a business manager because if you were, you would know that testing can and usually does, cost far more than the initial design of any product. The GK1 is no exception. I have both a Ver. 1 and a Ver. 3 and I actually prefer the Ver. 1 over the Ver.3. It is extremely unusual for any design to get it right at its first iteration. You can expect that in the future, through user experience, several changes will be made. We, the end users, are the test vehicle. As a further insight to this issue, it is extremely difficult to predict and test for user stupidity, especially by the same people that designed the product. They typically find it impossible to predict stupid, as they are prejudiced by the knowledge of correct usage. It is for this reason that most software companies distribute beta versions of new releases.
I appreciate your reply. I was familiar with its history (named after Greg and the K1, etc.). I think it’s safe to say I am not entirely a stranger to business operations (as you suggested) considering I do help buy, grow and sell businesses for a living (PE)… not that it matters.
Perhaps I did not convey my message clearly, but I have no problem with how they decide to make/improve their products… or anything of that nature. All I’m asking for is transparency. I do not think it is too much to ask for a company to inform its suppliers and/or customers If they are still working on their design. Put simply, I am disappointed because I was misinformed by a Huben supplier, who specifically told me the V3 was the “final” version for the immediate future

Last edited:
I appreciate your reply. I was familiar with its history (named after Greg and the K1, etc.). I think it’s safe to say I am not entirely a stranger to business operations (as you suggested) considering I do help buy, grow and sell businesses for a living (PE)… not that it matters.
Perhaps I did not convey my message clearly, but I have no problem with how they decide to make/improve their products… or anything of that nature. All I’m asking for is transparency. I do not think it is too much to ask for a company to inform its suppliers and/or customers If they are still working on their design. Put simply, I am disappointed because I was misinformed by a Huben supplier, who specifically told me the V3 was the “final” version for the immediate future
There is never a FINAL VERSION of anything. If you goto www.krazcool and scroll down, you will notice a "shorty GK1", and if there is demand, it might make it to production run. There are also tons of carbine stocks and replacement handgrips.

There is also a version made for the Wolfiek group of Spain where they added a regulator.

Reactions: rootdude
Through the short time being available, I’m pretty sure the only significant difference between the latest and the first has been the mag lever direction swap. I like the v1.

(Yes, there have been some with restrictor screws and obviously different faux cf wraps, these are not significant).

Sometimes we think we are ‘owed’ some type of explanation from these small companies but we really aren’t. Most here are just happy they finally brought it to the market.

Dave

once again what are you talking about ?.....there no real significant difference from model to model, some cosmetics and a lever that works in a different direction, I have a V1 and a V3 and apart from the lever they are the same gun, your big crying is for something that looks like a minor cosmetic change.

You buy a car or a motorcycle and there's always some little differences that come out on newer models, that is normal.

Also, what transparency you talking about ? Ideas develop it's not like they can predict the future and tell in advance.

I think you are making a ton of fuss for zero reason.

Last edited:
In point of fact, I find it absolutely amazing HUBEN got it so right on their first iteration. I prefer my Version 1 over my Version 3. That is almost unheard of in manufacturing. In my humble opinion the GK! Version 1 is perfect find out of the box.
What’s so much better about version 1? Thought there were hardly any changes?

In point of fact, I find it absolutely amazing HUBEN got it so right on their first iteration. I prefer my Version 1 over my Version 3. That is almost unheard of in manufacturing. In my humble opinion the GK! Version 1 is perfect find out of the box.
I cant wait to get mine. I bought the Mini-Carbine Normadic Pirate 66 had for sale, which is also a V1. Just waiting for USPS to deliver the money, then the time it takes to get here. I might be pushing towards 50, but still get a bit giddy for new toys. :)

once again what are you talking about ?.....there no real significant difference from model to model, some cosmetics and a lever that works in a different direction, I have a V1 and a V3 and apart from the lever they are the same gun, your big crying is for something that looks like a minor cosmetic change.

You buy a car or a motorcycle and there's always some little differences that come out on newer models, that is normal.

Also, what transparency you talking about ? Ideas develop it's not like they can predict the future and tell in advance.

I think you are making a ton of fuss for zero reason.
I did not intend for my post to be as provocative as it has proven to be for some people… I appreciate all the feedback nonetheless. I should probably point out that I actually love my GK1 (V3). To answer the question of what I meant by transparency, I was referring to the fact that I asked flat out if they were working on a newer/upgraded model in 2024 and was told “no, V3 will be it for now”.
It’s not the end of the world, but I would’ve waited the extra month(s) if given the accurate answer by their supplier.
I was/am just giving my two cents on the situation. I am actually happy to hear they are still trying to improve the gun - I just wish I was given this information when I asked… still a really awesome gun. I apologize for getting some people riled up with my post; this was not my intention haha. Thank you again to everyone who tried to provide a helpful response - it’s very much appreciated

Reactions: BABz58 and Hapo
I am confused about the pricing on Huben's website for the GK1. So they sell the regulated GK1 V3R for $1899 (price dropped $100 this week). The original GK1 V1 is $2199. Those prices are both for the suppressed options with the adapter. I look at the specs and I do not see why. They both have the same power and specs. I saw the GK1 V1 for sale on another site for $1299, I dont know how legit that site is so I wont link it. I assumed the V1 would be getting phased out and thats why I saw it on sale.

I am assuming its a pricing mistake, but I figured I would ask here.
I think for $1250 at places like Ares Tactical https://www.aresairgunstactical.com/Huben_c_195.html
is the way to go as you can then purchase the 2.75" shorty moderator designed by Subscriber and Torquemaster here on the forums can make them for you, along with the speed loader & other accessories from huben3dparts.com and it would be less money and you have it fully decked out.

Subscribers 2.75 moderator.jpg

GK1 carbine folded.jpg

I think for $1250 at places like Ares Tactical https://www.aresairgunstactical.com/Huben_c_195.html
is the way to go as you can then purchase the 2.75" shorty moderator designed by Subscriber and Torquemaster here on the forums can make them for you, along with the speed loader & other accessories from huben3dparts.com and it would be less money and you have it fully decked out.

View attachment 461506

View attachment 461507
How about a pic with stock in battery mode?

...I can't decide if the regulator is a good thing or a bad thing...
In my (limited) experience and research, the GK1 shoots fairly consistently without a regulator. I believe that, generally speaking, regulators are a good thing. However, in the case of GK1, you will lose power. The gun will also be more difficult to fix yourself if something goes wrong. I hope this is helpful.