Huben Huben GK1 V3R Heaviest Ammo

So I have a new to me Huben GK1 V3 22 on the way. I am looking to order ammo, but I am not sure what the best options are. I hear some ammo fits loose, and other ammo is too big. I figured I would ask here what the best options are for ultra accurate ammo of any weight, as well as the heaviest/largest ammo I can fit.

Can you all give me some suggestions please so when it arrives the ammo I have is the best I can fit? Thanks

Reactions: Squirrel hunter
If looking for slugs, I recommend the AVS dish .223.

The light ones will shoot a very accurate string through a whole mag:

And you can order some up to 40 grain that will shoot at around 70fpe at 300-350 bar. My guess is that you could alternate between the two without messing up the leading of the barrel and needing to clean, as you might if you switch between pellets and slugs.

There are many other that shoot well, but beware of undersized slugs.

If looking for slugs, I recommend the AVS dish .223.

The light ones will shoot a very accurate string through a whole mag:

And you can order some up to 40 grain that will shoot at around 70fpe at 300-350 bar. My guess is that you could alternate between the two without messing up the leading of the barrel and needing to clean, as you might if you switch between pellets and slugs.

There are many other that shoot well, but beware of undersized slugs.
Thank for that. So the 40grain AVS Dish 223 will fit fine in the magazine, but the lighter ones shoot better?

And what do you mean by messing up the leading of the barrel?

Thank for that. So the 40grain AVS Dish 223 will fit fine in the magazine, but the lighter ones shoot better?

And what do you mean by messing up the leading of the barrel?
Yes and yes. Heavy slugs drop in speed with every shot, changing POI. Plus, these guns shoot more consistently at higher speeds. Finally, heavy ammo gives a lot more muzzle flip and that doesn’t jive well with a heavy slug that takes longer to leave the barrel.

Projectiles deposit lead in the barrel and settle into a groove in terms of accuracy. However, different projectiles use different compositions of lead. You can get a nice groove going with one projectile, switch to another and then return to the original and find that it no longer shoots well unless you clean the barrel. My point was that AVS slugs are likely all made from the same composition of lead, reducing likelihood of such “cross-fouling”

Reactions: TrollMagnet
Yes and yes. Heavy slugs drop in speed with every shot, changing POI. Plus, these guns shoot more consistently at higher speeds. Finally, heavy ammo gives a lot more muzzle flip and that doesn’t jive well with a heavy slug that takes longer to leave the barrel.

Projectiles deposit lead in the barrel and settle into a groove in terms of accuracy. However, different projectiles use different compositions of lead. You can get a nice groove going with one projectile, switch to another and then return to the original and find that it no longer shoots well unless you clean the barrel. My point was that AVS slugs are likely all made from the same composition of lead, reducing likelihood of such “cross-fouling”
Thanks. I got the regulated V3R on the way, so I am hoping it stays consistent with heavy rounds.

If you want to dress it up.

HubenProBlackRight.jpg

HubenStandardBackLeft.jpg

HubenProBlackRightApart-01.jpg

Reactions: RAMJET66